Register now to get rid of these ads!

Winter! what is it good for..absolutly nuthin, or maybe not

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by davedeltadog, Mar 5, 2013.

1. davedeltadog

davedeltadog

The truth is winter sucks, but it gives me a chance to do things I wouldn’t do if the weather was warm. I did get a couple rooms painted and refinished the kitchen cabinets. My son gave me a model boat to build and I’m steaming the mahogany hull planking. Made a Ford clock from a piece of scrap wood I had layin around the garage.
    ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
    Pulled the steering column from my F100 and did some cosmetic and electrical upgrades. Now I’m pullin the doors off, replacing the seals, latch strikers and hinges on the drivers side. Also replacing a cracked window in the drivers door. Being an asshole, I slammed it several times and broke the glass, only to discover the seat belt was in the latch. I’m also thinking about new carpet and Dynamat. I got the new glass and the seals yesterday and waiting for parts from Mac’s Auto Parts. I’m sure I will be ready for warm weather crusin.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Fopelaez

Fopelaez

I wish I had your woodworking skills. I loved the clock! Your truck is pretty sleek too!

3. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You think winter sucks and you live in TN? You should live here in Maine you would think it double sucks.

4. Bart78

Bart78

I like winter here. We have leafs on everything for about ten months out of the year. During the winter is the best time to find old cars. You can see everything. An there's no snakes. Unless you get a couple days of warm weather.

5. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

We love winter here in Minne"snow"ta :D

6. davedeltadog

davedeltadog

I move to Tennessee from upstate NY two years ago, so I know what a real winter is like, TN winter is like NY fall and spring, love it!

7. We?:confused:

Speak for yourself:cool:

8. I hate winter,,like your truck but the wheels are ugly.:rolleyes: HRP

9. easyissy

easyissy

Whats winter?:D

10. Dizzie

Dizzie

I usually hate winter. I got back into ice fishing this winter. I guess I enjoy the solitude of being in my pop up shanty and catching fish. I feel guilty that I haven't been working on my '34 pickup project because of fishing. I finally got some parts primed today, hoping to paint in the near future.

Attached Files:

11. cmarcus

cmarcus

I completely understand. My house is a rental, and have a garage now (after years of box apartments) but it is 1 stall and not heated. So hard to stay motivated when you have nowhere to work on the car, and the weather sucks. Well, now after getting hammered with snow, finally looking towards a warm weekend. Thank goodness!!

12. ChefMike

ChefMike

that's the truth ! winter is good for one thing I have been taking advantage of some sales buying some tools

13. Nitrobaron

Nitrobaron

Best time to buid!!!!!!! (And drink COLD beer:D)

Attached Files:

14. Bart78

Bart78

I had never seen this model a cab. Until this winter when the leafs fell off.[​IMG]

15. not scared

not scared
    BANNED
    from green bay

16. JB_roadrage

JB_roadrage

One of these days when I actually have heat in my garage, I wont hate winter as much....

17. big creep

big creep

i love so cal winters! cool and sunny! sometimes rain.....shit i love that too!