Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Alllllll the Longroofs.....Let's see 'em boys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ♠Stovebolt♠, Oct 3, 2003.

1. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

damn I love 59 chevy wagons. especially when they are lowered and kept clean and simple.

2. Where can I find more pictures of this Wagon... I NEED them :0

3. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Good luck selling your car, I have a 2 door 59 Meteor wagon and I love it!

That is incredible, great find! I have a 59 Suburban limo like that made by Stageway that I hope to have mobile this summer if the weather holds out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

If I was rich thats what I would be rolling around in, Not some escalade POS. Isnt the whole point of a limo to stand out! what stands out about a escalade?! now this....!!! yeah it will turn a couple heads....:D

5. moonami

moonami

Thank LN7 nut. Ive been putting it off for sometime selfishly wanted to have 2 longroofs! But one has gotta go.
    Bigmac, your yellow sub is amazing!

6. moonami

moonami

Thank LN7 nut. Ive been putting it off for sometime selfishly wanted to have 2 longroofs! But one has gotta go.
    Bigmac, your yellow sub is amazing!

7. Hey Moonami, have sent ya PM's and emails, guess ya don't wanna sell the 59 too bad.
    Kinda hard to sell a car with 1 picture and no response to emails or PM's

8. big M

big M

I've never seen one of those, it seems all the airporters in this area were car, and not truck based. Thanks for posting!

---John

9. moonami

moonami

Hey there da34guy,
    Sorry about that, I sent you an email with some low res pics that night. Did you not get them? Let me know and I can resend. I'll be taking some more pics over the weekend.

10. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Thanks John!

From my research this is the largest style they made on this platform, and this is the only example of the biggest ones I can find.

I have a build thread that I hope to actually contribute to this summer (the last 3 years the weather has been atrocious here and I have no shop)

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=567422

11. michiganhotrod1

michiganhotrod1

Just found this thread.Very cool.
    Here's mine. 66 Town and Country. Loaded, with 440 TNT, air, power everything, AM/FM. vinyl top. 45,000 miles. Pulled it out of a garage in Detroit in 2008, where it had sat since '79. I am the second owner.
    Mark

Attached Files:

12. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

THAT is a thing of beauty. I had a '68 with the woodgrain.

13. I just succeded in finding my dads old wagon. He bought it new when I was born. I'm incredible happy that this 9 passenger Nomad is back in the family.
    build tread will follow if theres any interesst for such a "new" wagon.

Attached Files:

14. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Heck yeah. I wish that was mine. My 61 is nowhere near that nice.

15. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Very cool!

When I was a kid my dad drove a 56 Ford wagon, I have a lot of great road tripping memories in that car. My mom forced him to sell it in 87 and a couple years ago we found it, someone stripped it of all the interior and accessories, but it's still in decent shape otherwise, but they guy that has it right now would rather it rot into the ground then sell it to me, he even offered one of his other wagons to me in better shape for a not bad price, but I want dads wagon. (plus I already have 2 56 Meteor wagons, one is rust free)

Here is dads 56 in the 80's when I was a kid.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(interesting note, I was driving that 52 Dodge today, I still use it to plow my snow!)

Attached Files:

16. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

17. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Its very cool that you were able to find your Dad's old wagon. Please do a build thread and if you have any ideas for the looks of the car that you'd like photoshopped just let me know.
    I wish I could find the '63 Dodge wagon that was our family car back in the mid '60s. My Dad started teaching me about the mechanics of a car on it and I've been hooked ever since.

18. pdq67

pdq67

Long roofs, I love them.

I paid like $300 for an old beater '64 Ford Fairlane 500 4-dr S/W way back in the early '70's and wish that I still had it.

The engine leaked so much oil that the complete underside, (and car), was RUST-FREE!

It was a 260" V-8/2-speed auto car.

I rebuilt the chassis in like 3 months before I licensed it so that it didn't need anything done to it for like 5 years. Drove it for damn near 10 years or so fine!!

I'd drop the rear seat and throw some pillows and blankets back there and turn my three little kids loose in it.

But this was way before child safety shit!

pdq67

19. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

My dad used to do the same thing with his 56 Ford wagon back in the 80's, fold all the seats flat and let my brothers and I loose back there, it was great!

20. Brucekoukalaka

Brucekoukalaka
    BANNED

21. Brucekoukalaka

Brucekoukalaka
    BANNED

Yeah I for one would love to see a build up of that long-roof.:)

22. bagged/delight

bagged/delight

Here's the '68 wagon 350/350, me and the wife had a blast with this ride…..:)
    [​IMG]Over the years we have owned her, she took us without any major problems to so many places and left behind a lot of good memories….
    After my wife passed away last November, i decided it was time to close the book and start a new chapter, so i sold the wagon :confused:
    'Cause i always take my dogs where ever i go, i needed a practical ride to fill in the gap, and this is the one..:)
    [​IMG]
    It's a '47 DodgePanel with 318/727 and she drives like heaven…
    Also parked in my backyard is my '64 Impala Wagon 327/Powerglide, still not registered for the Dutch roads, but if i finish the list with bits & bobs, i don't think that it's much of a problem…[​IMG]

Keep them longroofs on the road:D

23. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

That's cool!

I swear the exact same bus was on kijii last year with the same "going to scrap it on Monday" story.

It looks quite good, should be a lot of fun!

Here's my bus http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2563951/1946-ford-cab-chassis

Here it is new in 46.

[​IMG]

Touring the Banff Ice Fields

[​IMG]

At Cave and Basin in 47 (mine is the one with the big gouge in the side) http://www.pc.gc.ca/lhn-nhs/ab/caveandbasin/index.aspx

[​IMG]

As I saw it for the first time in 84 (that's my dad carrying me)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1985, running and driving now, may hours of body work done at this point believe it or not.

[​IMG]

1991 Body and paint being finished up, some roof windows installed.

[​IMG]

1991 just finished.

[​IMG]

1992 in Banff for the 100th anniversary parade for Brewster Transport (this was a Brewster bus)

[​IMG]

1992 at the banff train station

[​IMG]

Close to the same spot at the same station in 1946 (though we did not have a copy of the old photo at this point to line things up)

[​IMG]

1999 summer time frost (weird year for weather)

[​IMG]

2006 at a car show

[​IMG]

We popped a piston on the used 51 flathead we stuck in it in 84, so this summer if the weather holds out I'm dropping in a 460/C6 for a little more power and less over heating, just a nut and bolt conversion with no cutting or modding though.

24. thornster

thornster

Here is my '66 Town & Country.
    Has bucket seats, electric windows, 440 TNT, special ordered with no AC.
    I got it 3 years/3 months before this thread started.

Attached Files:

25. Just picked this '62 up a couple months ago. Aluminum head 383, 700R4.
    Not many factory options but has a power bench seat and remote mirror.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

26. AHotRod

AHotRod

I love Chevy II Wagons :)

27. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

BEAUTIFUL and classic. Like that one a lot.

28. Gman0046

Gman0046

Its incredible that I don't even remember paying any attention to 60's wagon's back in the day. Now they all look good.

29. you got that right,BTW,I totaled a wagon like yours one evening when some idiot parked is truck on the other side of a hill in the road,,killed the wagon and a bunch of our band equipment. HRP

30. thornster

thornster

Mine didn't look so cool when I got it-it's amazing what wheels & tires will do for a car. Along with some love & money.
    There are some really nice wagons on this thread. I may be a Mopar guy, but there are a lot of every marque that flip my switch.

Attached Files: