Register now to get rid of these ads!

BAMA SWAP N DRAG 2013 Spring Meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Violentchoppers, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Violentchoppers

Violentchoppers
    from Alabama

It's that time of year again for the Bama Swap and Drags! This is an event hosted by my father and myself in the beautiful Northeast Alabama. The swap meet is open to all motorcycle parts as well as vintage car parts. The drags will be open to anyone wishing to participate with a motorcycle or a pre 69 automobile. General admission is $5, and vendor spots are still avaliable at $40 for a 15x20. For more information feel free to give me a call at (256)630-8129. For pictures from previous meets, check out the blog at www.Bamaswapanddrag.blogspot.com
    [​IMG]

2. Violentchoppers

Violentchoppers
    from Alabama

I've had a few calls from the post, in past years, we have had a large number of motorcycle and motorcycle vendors in attendance. BUT, we have had a fair share of car and car vendors as well, and are looking to build on those numbers! Please come out and support a grass roots gearhead event!!

3. Violentchoppers

Violentchoppers
    from Alabama

4. k9racer

k9racer

I would give a lot to see the San Ann light weight Pontiac and the Sand Mountain Billy Goad go off head to head like in the old days ..........

5. Violentchoppers

Violentchoppers
    from Alabama

We would love to have everyone in the area come out! I never realized how hard it is to get vintage drag cars to come out! With a gate fee of $5, I'm pretty sure that is cheaper than test and tune, and you get to enjoy the swapmeet as well!

6. xmlc216x

xmlc216x
    from MS

Gonna try to get over there for saturday at least. Might not get as many folks out there on Easter weekend though...

7. Violentchoppers

Violentchoppers
    from Alabama

Awesome xmlc216x, love to have ya! I had it Easter weekend last year, and had a great turnout. The good thing about Easter weekend is, most are off for Good Friday and off on Monday for Easter, so they have more travel time. Viva was Easter weekend, and it was massive! I've had tons of calls the last few days, and it sounds like it is going to be a good turnout! If we can just have good weather, the rest will work itself out!

8. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Seems like it was the same day as something in Chattanooga last year, because a bunch of guys left headed to your show.

We'll try our best to make it this time.

9. Violentchoppers

Violentchoppers
    from Alabama

We had a great turnout last year, and this time around is looking good as well!

10. I can't make it, but is there a hand shift class?

11. Violentchoppers

Violentchoppers
    from Alabama

No classes, no awards, no lights, no time slips, the track is open to pre 70 cars and trucks and motorcycles just for grudge match racing. The main focus is the swap meet, and the gathering of people. We do have a few national publications covering the event for their magazines, and we have a great time year after year!