Register now to get rid of these ads!

"Pretty" Top Fuel cars..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gotgas, Dec 8, 2006.

1. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Thanks for taking the time to find those . Cool looking car.

2. Bob Meyer Race Cars

Bob Meyer Race Cars

FalconGeorge; I'm an old Minn. boy (40 yrs.+ back), this car was always the same wheelbase, Tom is still a friend, until a Canuck from Winnepeg, Denny Darraugh bought it, wheelstood it bad. Then he brought it to me in mid "68 in Mpls. and I front halved it to a longer wheelbase, I have CRS, but I believe it was 175", and I stretched it to 190".
    This car was also refered to by many as "the fishbowl car", you have the exact picture above with the holes not filled yet, when a guy and his girlfriend (or something close) (very old story) walked into Hanna's shop, and the girl asked Tom what went in here ? Tom replied "glass" "we're gonna put fish in there" !

If anyone remembers the "FrankenStude" owned by Steve Anderson of Mpls., he's a guy who does things right, started a recreation of this car over 5 years ago that was not going well and he wasn't real happy. Then after 7-8 yrs. of looking, he found the original car, I discussed it with him last summer (while in town for BTTF) and verified my work, he took it to Hanna who did a usual perfect job of restoration, and he picked it up just a few weeks ago. It is alive, and now longer!

3. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Thats what we're here for. Glad I could help.

Thanks for the additional background info. I had heard the "fishbowl" story before, funny stuff

4. gorgeous car.
    originally painted by the late, great Joe Andersen.

5. beebo

beebo

I need moar. :) Old thread bump, because I can't get enough.

6. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Here's the Soapy Sales T/F car that I did the restoration paint and lettering on last year .

Attached Files:

7. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1392615324.193033.jpg Not running top fuel at the moment although it has been in nitro before

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. Irrational Metalworks

Irrational Metalworks
    Alliance Vendor
    from DFW

That car is beautiful. Awesome work!

9. Johnny99

Johnny99

One of my favorites.

Attached Files:

10. SlicksSis

SlicksSis

So cool to see these pics. Can anyone confirm that Hanna got Tatum's Surfers II car after Tatum died in 2012? Or know where that car is today? I'm writing Tatum's story, and I want to get it right. I think he ran it at Capitol in (66) ??. I read that car was painted by "Cerny." Would that be George Cerny in CA?

11. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Yes in a round about way Hanna does posess the II, According to Tom somthing shadey was going on with Tatum and the car during an earlier auction.
    Bigger problem right now is that Hanna shut his shop down and has been MIA for a long time

12. My fav. Also liked Tony Nancy's Wedge II.

[​IMG]