Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. Bob Meyer Race Cars

Bob Meyer Race Cars

Long time occasional lurker, time to join !

2. Welcome Bob, tell us a little about yourself and your projects...

3. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

Welcome, made any dragster wings lately.

4. k9racer

k9racer

Bob a lot of the younger folks here on the HAMB do not know the name or about you.. I know it will be a lot like bragging but PLEASE tell them about your past and some of the cars you have been involved in.. Bobby.. I will add the recreation of the Shubert and Hallibrand rail was right on the money. Years ago I marveled at the carftsman ship on your funny cars. Years ahead of us. Now Bob post some more..

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  5. k9racer

k9racer

Back to the top. I can not believe that no one has noticed the name. Maybe just us real old guys. Just Roger and me. This guy is the real deal and can answer any question about hot rods or race cars fabrication and it all.

6. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

Bob built a lot of the top competive blown alcohol dragsters, One was for a young guy from texas who later was killed in his top fuel dragster (feel bad I'm to dam old to remember his name, but I remember him as a real nice guy). A friend of mine who worked at lenco,and serviced my lenco's had a 60 chevy at bob's shop. I seen some of the Rick Santos family at his shop once. And my A/fd dragster ran one of his rear wings. Real quality work from his shop.

7. Bob Meyer Race Cars

Bob Meyer Race Cars

Ooops; I'm still working (some say I'm retired but don't know it yet) here every day, but now just supplementing my S.S. with tube bending and rear axle housing business. I'm trying to get over the car business, but am still finishing a new Nitro Nostalgia F/C.
    I'll do a short bio soon.
    Even though my memory is fading, I do remember you Roger, but I'm certainly not good with those nicknames.

8. Bob Meyer Race Cars

Bob Meyer Race Cars

Roger; you are thinking of Darrell Russell, five years straight in the top ten, 2- 3rds, 2-5ths, 1-7th. Went on to drive for Amato. The family had four of my cars through the years.
    K9racer, after stereotype of 20 yrs. of just TAD's, just one USA championship, three FIA European, Three ANDRA Australian champs. Before those years were lots of midwest cars, mostly T/F and T/G dragsters, couple F/C's (Cox Toy Pinto was one) from my shop in Minn.
    Then came the nostalgia movement, a few resto's (Poison Ivy-Synicate Twin) then the recreation of Shubert-Herbert's first sm. blk. Chev to run over 200 in "64. Then lots of work on Ivo's barnstormer and Greek's Chizler, all owned by old Minn. friend Ron Johnson, who nows lives up the road.
    Last few years trying to be retired aren't going well, back to F/C's trying to finish the fourth in a row, a Nitro Nostalgia F/C. :)

9. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

Yep Darrell Russell, to young to die. I started to call Armstrong for his name. If I ever get down San Diego way I"ll try and stop by. Roger

10. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

Legends are always welcome here