Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Amy's 1925 T Bucket Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Amy, Aug 17, 2011.

1. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Variety is the spice of life, is it not? Do whatever you want.

I mean.. My roadster so far has parts from a Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Packard, Hudson, and years ranging from 1926 to 1959.

I think the Nash parts would help set it apart from the others, but it's hard to do that when you've already got a centrifugally-supercharged Nash engine sitting in there.

What transmission are you bolting up to that Nash?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

2. i like cars & stuff

i like cars & stuff
    from Aotearoa

Yes, but that is only my suggestion.

3. There are some real cool nash gauges

4. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Good visiting with you today at Irwindale. Sounds like you have a great concept of how you want to build the car. Looking forward to seeing it come together.

5. 55willys

55willys

Very nice! I build hot rods for a living and love to see something different. Glad you are using original frame, and that Nash engine is to die for. Also nice to see you doing it all vintage parts or used not (800 hot rods) Check out "26 modified" by fastrnu , he and I are building that in his 1 car garage after work and some weekends and as the frog pelts (green backs) become available.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  6. What an interesting build, by an interesting builder.;) It's fun reading of your excitement as the build progresses and evolves. You are now officially hooked for life on "old hot rods".:D

7. LaurieB

LaurieB

I'd say with such a prominent red on the engine block, black is a good look for the body. Just give it a nice bright interior to offset all the black IMO. Maybe red leather?

8. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Hi Amy, any progress on the bucket or are you waiting on bits for the build? Keep at it, it's looking like it's gonna be a great little hotrod.

9. Amy

Amy

Hey guys!! Sorry I haven't updated anything lately, D_lazaris asked me to marry him!! So we have been busy with that and sadly not have time with are cars.. But, thanks to Tony with the mooneyes model-T roadster I now have a turtle deck! I can't believe the difference look the car has now! Also, D_lazaris had wire wheels that he gave me and it gave the T a great look! Pretty bad ass if you ask me!

There are some parts I do need, if you have any leads of where I can find these parts or if you have some to sell please let me know! I would greatly appreate the help =D

I need spring perches and shakles, pedal assembly. I have a master cylinder from a 1966 Chevy c-10 so I hope I can fit the pedals in there along with the clutch.
    A model t spring (I have a model a I can trade)
    And front radius arms
    Front hydraulic brakes. I know I need them but I'm curious how it will stop with the rear brakes.

10. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Hi Amy Congrates to you and Dimitri,, Tim Jones

11. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Congratulations Amy and D. Wish you both all the happiness in the world.

You will probably be the first couple in history to have your wedding gift list registered at Speedway instead of Bloomingdales. :D

Don

12. rocksolidnate

rocksolidnate
    from Viroqua Wi

The Nash engine is a great idea with a supercharger even better!

13. Too cool! No fad, all rad!!

14. raidmagic

raidmagic

Congrats, did he give you a diamond ring or a dual quad set up?

15. Amy

Amy

Here are some pictures of how the T sits now.

16 inch wheels in the front with 18 inch in the back. Should have a great stance! :D

Attached Files:

• t 1.jpg
      t 1.jpg
      File size:
      129.5 KB
      Views:
    • t 2.jpg
      t 2.jpg
      File size:
      112 KB
      Views:
    • t 3.jpg
      t 3.jpg
      File size:
      136.9 KB
      Views:
    • t 4.jpg
      t 4.jpg
      File size:
      108.1 KB
      Views:
  16. Moedog07

Moedog07

17. Mildsteel

Mildsteel
    from VALE N.C.

Very Kool Amy. Keep us posted.

18. D_Lazaris

D_Lazaris
    from So. Cal

Excited to see the Nash engine in there!

19. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Congrats you two!

20. Stormin' Norman1

Stormin' Norman1

This is getting interesting.

21. Congrats to you both here's hopin many many years of happiness and flatheadedness..........

22. classic L.B.

classic L.B.

just boxed the frame and changed the front axle on my steel 27....now to rebuilkd the olds rear,Good luck, you look good in it! forgive don ....its understandable... old fart with a bucket list,I guess........ lol

23. e-tek

e-tek
    from SK, Canada

So you started with Dimitri helping you out.....THEN he gives you some wheels and stuff.....THEN he gives you a NASH engine (which is cool even tho not a FORD, but at least it's not a SBC).....THEN, you agree to marry the bugger, but Tony gives you a turtledeck.... You are one lucky gal!

....and remember this when things don't seem to be going so well - many of us are freezing our arses off, watching a cute gal, living in Southern California, building a rod with the help of great HAMBers....

CONGRATS!

24. Amy

Amy

You are right! I couldn't do it with out all the help from all the great hamb members! I always get so excited when people send me ideas=D
    And starting up here pretty soon there will be a lot of updates! My brother is giving me some of the Suspension parts I need to get this car put together! Once it's a roller this car will go so fast getting in the road!!

25. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Looking forward to updates. See you at Eagle Field?

26. Looking forward to updates. See you at Eagle Field?
    x2

27. Amy

Amy

We will be there!!

28. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

This is Soooooo cool!
    I hate guy at cars shows who dosen't know if he got a stroker or a crate engine! But a Girl who knows about Flatheads and Y-blocks, is more then okay in my book!!

Is it okay to tell a good looking lady, whom you never met, and is from a land far-far-away, that her car makes you feel all hot and excited? Even if she getting married to another guy?

What is the style plans: like the isky car og more like the kookie car?

I dont feel much for the kookie cars, but the isky car or the modified T/dry lake style on the first page is more up my street. There is a car known as blackie modified that also looks good.
    The ridiculous big windscreen is not for me.
    Just to put some ideers in your head.

The name Nash-T, is so spot on for your car, it would be sad not to use it.

Not that I dislikes a SBC, but Flathead and Y-block is more early gow-job style, and blown Nash puts it more in the racing/dry lake style.

Just my 2 cents.

I love that you use the stock T frame, in Denmark custom frames is not legal. So it's easly for me to relate to stock frame. Turtle deck does make it look more nice and sleek.

29. Amy

Amy

Hey Guys!!!
    So after getting back from the Eagle Field races I got all motivated to start working on my T roadster again! yesterday we started working on the rear end by taking it out and chopping off all the unneeded parts from the van it used to set under... that was quite a job but D_lazaris helped me out and showed me how to use the plasma cutter! I must say i did rather well ;)

We have the rear radius arms that we need to modify to work by making custom mounts. Today we went to our local model A club tech day and was able to measure a stock rear shock so we know where to weld on the mounts for my A spring.
    When it comes to meet the chassis and the rear spring that will be interesting due to the fact that it is a T rear crossmember.. But we will cross that bridge when we come to it!

I took pictures of the work in progress! More to come and we do more work through out the week!

Attached Files: