Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need new insurance who do you use

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by leadsleadolds, Sep 20, 2005.

1. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

Evidently my old Full coverage from allstate isnt exactly full. On my late model truck which will be gone soon I have a dent in the fender. I made the mistake of saying that it happened a while ago, so this was there window to screw me, because I didnt file it fast enough, so they dont have to cover it. A big FUCK YOU basicaly. I said well lets say it happened yesterday and then they said theyll call the cops on me for a fradulent claim.
    Ive had at least two to three cars covered by them for years now without a single claim and this is how I get treated.
    Now I need to get insurance for my 65 Rivi which will be my daily driver as of next month. Who do you guys use hopefully someone that wont screw me if I ever get in an accident again. Im poor folk so the cheaper the better.

2. arkracing

arkracing

Ahhhh yes...

Your in good hands with Allstate :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I use Hagerty for the "work in progress" but they won't do your everyday driver

and Liberty Mutual for everyday rigs...the only reason i stay with them is cause i've had them for 10 years and i'm too lazy to change. they aren't exactly the model company but a couple notches higher than Allstate
    Pretty cheap but if you want to insure the Riv...you'll have to get it appraised or they just go by the book value

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

NOW is the time to switch to Grundy (which is less expensive then Hagerty for the same coverage) while you still have a "valid" daily driver. Whatever happens next month they do not need to know.

4. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

Dose grundy do the deal where the car has to be "restored" already. I know I called one of them before and they wouldnt cover my 59 because it wasnt finished.

5. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

all ive EVER heard people use isw grundy..... great compnay , fast response, and no haggles when you get in a bender... me myself, im from wisconsin, dont legally have to be insured, which leaves most of us po' boys without it, i need to change that VERY soon..

6. truth

truth
    from Boston, MA

I use grundy... it works out awesome as long as you have another daily driver and a garage to store the car in. $150 a year to insure my 51 in Boston!!!

7. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

I wouldnt call it a garage its more of a slanted garbage hole. That I keep my lawn mower in.

8. Slide

Slide

I have Nationwide on my 52 Chevy. They were one of the few that would allow coverage for a daily-driven "pleasure" vehicle. Pricing was reasonable, but I have long-term discount (been w/ them since 1988 or 89) and a reasonably clean record. I have made 3 claims, and they all went OK. Not instant, but reasonably fast. They had me get the car appraised for the amount I wanted to get coverage... I had a "street rod shop" just type it up on company letterhead... Nationwide didn't require their own appraiser.

As soon as I can afford a late-model daily driver, I'll prolly switch to Grundy or one of the other specialty places.

A lot of it really depends on your agent, too. Some will be helpful, others apparently don't think your money is good enough (as you've already found out).

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Big Olds was in grey primer with no top and no interior when I first got insurance with them. Get a quote online within a matter of seconds. I never once talked to anyone on the phone. Did everything via fax and email. Be "creative" with your photos. Who's to know exactly how much of a "project" your car is. If it's drivable it has to be somewhat put together right??:D

www.grundy.com