Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The Jack Stewart Ford

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Ryan, Mar 1, 2013.

1. bages

bages

ordered mine today - thanks Rik :)

2. dirtybirdpunk

dirtybirdpunk

I was lucky enough to purchase the book at the GNRS and get Rik's and Jack's autographs in the book. I did talk to Palle, but it never occurred to me at the time to get him to sign the book (kicking myself now), but it is a must have for any custom car fan.

3. Mobart

Mobart

You certainly succeeded..! Great book!

4. As I've already told you, Rik, great, great book and I so look forward to the next one, whatever it is. I know you can't be lost for ideas, but if you really, really need one, I vote for the Hirohata Merc. I'd even "sacrifice" myself to carry you around the country for that research trip....my bags are already packed and ready to go! :)

5. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

First, I need to figure this Pay Pal thing out first before I order it. Computers aren`t my thing.

6. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

I stil find myself reading the book..and honestly i read all the chapters over many times over the last 2 years!

no matter what..i dont think we can stop him, in writing another book some day!
    and thanks God for that!

go buy one..you will not regret!

and Rik...go for it!

Thanks
    -palle

[​IMG]

7. Wellsville

Wellsville
    from Sweden

This book IS a must have for any custom car guy,,or girl :) It IS GREAT !! Rik keep them coming!!!

8. Ebert

Ebert

Just ordered my signed copy! Thanks, Rik!!!

9. koolkemp

koolkemp

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

What a great pic!! I was fortunate enough that Rik got Jack to also autograph my copy while in the US for the show, thanks again Rik! I must admit I am reading it very slowly ....I dont want to get to the end of it lol! I vote for the next book to be about the early history of custom cars... late 30's up to the early 50's there just isnt a resource in print that has alot of that history, and since I dont think anyone on the planet has more custom car historical knowledge than Rik its a given !! Please :) Rik!

10. I have talked about how great this book is on another thread but I want to say some of it again.

The fact that Rik is a pure custom guy is one reason why this book is so good.Rik is not a transformed streetrodder trying to write a custom book.He knows what he is talking about before things go to print.Also he is not a nutswinger for any particular shops so he can say the truth without fearing the repercussions.All his focus is always on Customs so I feel he is more in touch with facts and truth.Also .....like I said doesn't have to worry about writing stuff that might hurt certain peoples feelings since its a private publishing company.He can make his own rules and give people credit when it is due.

Buy this book........you will be glad you did,trust me.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  11. This is a fantastic book - like said by many others! I thin the concept this book is put together by is fantastic. It could be done about sooo many other custom cars and hot rods! Hint hint hint Rik! Keep 'em coming!

12. 50Fraud

50Fraud

All the praise that the book has received, and the recommendations to buy a copy, are well deserved. It's a remarkable piece of well-researched history, well designed into a fascinating and handsome book. Buy one!

...and Rik didn't pay me to say this stuff, honest!

13. Jimm56

Jimm56

Got my copy today. Beautiful photos, looking forward to reading the stories. It's a nice book and looks to be well worth the money. Plus it's the first mail I ever got from the Netherlands :)

14. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

My copy arrived today... flipped around, read the index and the forward so far. This should be good.

For those of you thinkin' about buying one, it came all the way to the USA from The Netherlands, well packaged, wrapped and in great shape.

-W

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  15. The back-stories and history are fantastic. Rik did such an amazing job researching this. Another 10 years from now and most of the people involved might be gone, very glad someone took the time to to it now, and do such a good job.

You don't have to be a custom guy or even a Ford guy to enjoy this book.

16. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

All true!

I'm a Chevy guy and I find it all rather fascinating.

The discussion and documentation of details and changes done to the car, I find very interesting.

Tho', I've always liked those dreamy Ford Coupes.

-W

17. Rikster

Rikster

I'm really happy you guys are enjoying the book.
    Thanks.

18. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

I think the Hirohata merc would be a cool book, but my vote would be for one on Sams merc...that was the milestone merc to me....Jim