Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got a real Henry 32 roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cully33, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Sometimes things just happen, was not looking for a new project but what can you do when a real Henry Ford 32 roadster comes your way. A good mate of mine who travels to the US on a regular basis has known about this 32 roadster for a number of years, but it was not for sale, until recently when the owner found a 32 coupe he wanted, hence he offered the roadster to my mate who snapped it up and imported it to Aus. Now my mate offered it to me said it would look good sitting next to my 32 coupe, I agreeded but could not afford the asking price, I was trying to sell a couple of my own cars at the time and told him if I sold my cars I would look at getting the roadster of him, cut a long story short a few months pasted he still had the 32, I was still trying to sell 2 cars with only tire kickers inquiring. My mate throws a curve ball at me offers to take the 2 cars I had been trying to sell with a cash difference for the 32, hence it is now sitting in my shed.ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
    This is what history I know of about the 32 which my mate told me and have no reason not to believe, the guy he purchased it of is a hot rodder who is also into salt lake racing. He purchased the car of a restorer in the 70s car was originally a 4 banger, he promptly removed all the fenders, running boards, top, windscreen and frame, engine, gearbox and rear-end and sold them. Had a 59 AB flathead, 39 box and 40 rear-end re-built and fitted also fitted an aftermarket 2” chop windscreen and posts, 16” wire wheels with big/ little Firestones, then started working on his belly tanker and never went back to the roadster.<O:p></O:p>
    The roadster is painted royal blue with white pin striping around all the swage lines, has tan vinyl pleat trim, still needs a lot of mechanical and chassis work doing and is missing a few bits, came with a nice Crestliner steering wheel, new Walker radiator and new Firestone tires. <O:p></O:p>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  2. Roupe

Roupe

Very Nice!

3. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

Wow accessory wheel and all! Nice buy!!

4. Can you opperate it minus fenders?

5. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Wow, very cool car, it looks to be in great shape. Congratulations !

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

6. Mmmmmmm Mmm, very nice. Im guessing as per Aussie laws you have to run fenders? If so why not sell it to me and let me take it back to NZ and run it fenderless Haha ;)

7. As the law stands in Australia I will not be able to lic the car without fenders, I have a spare set of front fenders and running boards, when I am ready to lic I will take the rears of my coupe and fit, once lic I will remove all fenders 99% of the cops over here would not have a clue, I will upset a few of the do gooder hot rodders but I don't care, my car will have it the way I want to.

8. Studely

Studely
    from Pueblo, CO

What an exceptional find, and it appears to have made its way into the right hands. Many people will be very interested in following the progress of this beauty.

9. Lucky Damn Bastard ... ;)

Jim

10. draider

draider
    from Texas

Nice! That Washington Blue is a great color, and it looks like a solid car. I wasn't expecting to see a Crestliner wheel in there, very cool!

Cheers!

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

NICE! I like that steering wheel, Bob

12. Sweet, very nice

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

13. Congratulations!,,what Deuce guy wouldn't like to have that roadster along side their other 32's. HRP

14. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

15. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Yes you forgot to mention the Crest liner steering wheel, what a beauty, how is the 46 Ford coupe coming along? Larry

16. meeksie

meeksie
    from Australia

Seems you like to show off your grilles as well.
    Good luck with the roadster it's beautiful.

17. What a nice package, just the "right" amount of good stuff.

Charlie

18. Cool, can't wait to see it on the road...but I've got to ask, what did you have to sell to get it ??? Not the '36 3 window ....

19. Hi Larry, have done a bit of work on the 46 but will proberly put it on the back burner and get this roadster on the road first.

20. No the 36 3 window is going nowhere, had a 33 phaeton project car which was listed on the HAMB and C4 vett which are now in the hands of my mate.

21. oldiron63

oldiron63

22. Sometimes it's just fate, like you say, you were'nt looking for a new project, but offers like this don't happen everyday! :cool:
    Another great car to add to your collection!

23. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

Holy crap that is nice! The wasshington blue is an awesome color, one of my favorites. Good luck!

24. Damn that is super nice. There oughta be a law about exporting treasures. heh heh he:D

25. Let me know when you get tired of it:rolleyes: Very Nice! :cool: Good Luck

26. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Sounds like a dream come true, at least one of my dreams.:) That beauty looks like it doesn't need any body work and it's already painted my favorite Ford color, Washington Blue. How about keeping us in the loop as you make it fit your vision.

Frank

27. hotrod36

hotrod36

Beautiful deuce, and in great condition. Lucky man...

28. ESGEE

ESGEE
    from Sweden

I wanna find something like that, congrats...

29. Fogger

Fogger

Good for you and it has a 25 louver hood. Great deal from your friend.

30. Body is solid will be keeping it as is, plan is to sort out and finish all the mechanical/chassis items get it lic then put some early go go gear on the engine.