Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Night Owl

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by suede55bowtie, Mar 4, 2013.

1. So, I wound up trading my roadster for a bunch of chopper parts, built a few bikes, bought a house and now I'm back in the car game. Picked this crusty dusty '51 Ford up a month ago and here's where I'm at. Plan is chop, section, channel, pancaked hood, radiused fenders and heavy static drop.

Rear suspension is TCI, front suspension is getting ordered later this month. Talked to an old dude north of me with a fresh small block Chevy backed by a turbo 350 trans, the price is awesome so I'm going with it. Ordered all my motor and trans mounts last night.

All my pics are from my phone so bear with me, got all my stock suspension stripped last night, behind one of my spring cups was a nasty rust hole, no biggie. Already made some new gussets that'll be welded from the inside of the frame. Plan is to get my rear suspension dialed in, then a hefty box job and small notches. Gonna hopefully nail all that later on today.

Cab is chopped 6.5" without quartering my roof. Going to section 4" below the doors. As of now my roof is filled and my rear window is chopped, sank about 3" and tacked in, door gaps were a BITCH but I finally got everything dialed in. Need to snap pics.

Attached Files:

2. Here's a shitty cell phone pic of the new fancy rear suspension.:)

Attached Files:

3. belair

belair

Ambitious. I wish you success. There's a yellow one, some speed shop truck, that is breath-taking. Best of luck.

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

5. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

Go Charlie Go!

I'm glad to see you posting this on here!

6. That yellow one is the Chuck Porter shop truck, its my main influence for this one. Thanks dudes

7. 4444Design

4444Design

best wishes for your project also from me

looks like an interesting start

will follow

8. Rear suspension is on, gonna grab my angle finder tomorrow and finish welding my axel pads on. More to come

9. Picked up my motor and trans this past weekend, the chop is damn near finished I just have to make a new roof panel to fix the low spot these trucks get with a hefty chop. Picked my motor and transmission up this past weekend. Goal is to pick up an english wheel next payday, whip up a new roof panel and start rebracing everything for the section. Pics soon thanks