Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ron Woodside/Shopratwoody

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Rhonda Fairchild, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Rhonda Fairchild

Rhonda Fairchild
    from riverside

Hello I am Rhonda Woodside/Fairchild, Ron's daughter he owns the 1957 Black Ranchero. I am sorry to tell you that my Dad passed away 2-28-13. He had several friends on this forum and enjoyed having discussions with you. He had be having some health issues over the last few years and made it harder and harder for him to get out and go to car events and socialize. But he had his computer and that helped keep him in the loop of things. He has not been feeling very well lately and has not even been on the computer so sorry if you have tried to contact him. He enjoyed cars his whole life I think we had more cars then any other person I know he bought, traded, fixed up, rebuild, painted and sold more than I can even count. I asked him once how many we had he said he lost count. But one thing was he loved that 1957 Ranchero it was my Great Grandmas car then was passed through the family my Uncle Bill had it for awhile then after my dad had is bad wreck in the road runner my Uncle gave the car to him, I think that how it goes but anyway we raced it for years. Then he decided to make it a street car again and owe how beautiful she is, shes had a hard life herself two bad wrecks but dad he just fixed her back up. He was a very strong and loving father I could not have asked for any better. I do not know who you are that know my dad I did meet a few of you at the Grand Nationals one year and also Ed and Jay came to the Outriders picnic with us its been great for my dad having you all to talk to I want to thank you for your friendship. God Bless you and happy memories

2. WWinIL

WWinIL

So sorry to hear of your loss Rhonda. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Rhonda, please post this on the H.A.M.B. forum, for all other members to see (or maybe Ryan or a staff member can post it ). I'm sure a great many would find this of interest, and care to send/share their own memories of your late father and also send condolences.

Walt

3. Rhonda - we met a few times, Ron gave you my card and and said if anything happened to him that you should call me for any issues with the Ranchero (I had the shop right around the corner).

I am so sorry to hear this, I enjoyed hanging out with Ron and his story telling with often colorful language. I know he was having a difficult time of late, he told me so. Find solice in the fact that he had a great and long life with a lot of good stories to tell. Godspeed Ron

And Rhonda, my offer naturally still stands in anyway i can help out with the car or shop

Don

4. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Rhonda,

If you're following these comments, I offer my condolences. Ron was an enthusiastic participant in the "Hot Rod Veterans" group, and I think he very much enjoyed the company of that bunch. We will all miss his participation.

RIP, Ron.

Tony Miller

5. Special Ed

Special Ed

I hope Rhonda reads these posts, Don ...
    I've let all the guys know about your dad in our little Hot Rod Veterans group here on the HAMB, Rhonda. If you need anything, and I mean ANYTHING, just let us know. We always enjoyed your dad and his stories, and you and your family are in our thoughts ....

Ed

6. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Rhonda, you and I met at a make-shift gathering at the NHRA Museum that we threw together back in October of 2009.
    Your dad and I met several times, first at te Los Angeles Roadster event in 2008.
    All of us guys in the HRV social group really adored your Dad. He was a racer's racer and a car guy's car guy.
    He was also very proud of you and he was a family man.
    He'll ne missed and not in the typical cliche' way. He will truly be missed by those of our group. His word was gold and his opinions were valued.
    Rest In Peace, my friend. Rest in Peace.
    Doug Hayes

at the NHRA Museum, 2009

[​IMG]

and at the coffee shop at Brackett Airfield

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  7. Rhonda I met you and your dad at the L.A. Roadster Show in 2011. Although I had known Ron for good while from the social club Doug mentioned above, this was the first time that I had met him face to face. He was a real gentleman. As Doug said, he was a valued member of our group. I'm going to really miss him. :(

Ron's '57 at LARS 2011 .....
    [​IMG]

Ron, Sam Davis (carsick), and Rick Finch ..........
    [​IMG]

Ron wearing his "Old Farts Club" T-shirt Tony Miller and I designed ....
    [​IMG]

Ron's '57 back in its drag racing days .........
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
    57 300 likes this.
  8. Rhonda...my condolences to you and your family. I was really sorry to read that. We know how dificult it must have been for you to post that notice, and I thank you for doing that. Shoprat was also active on the www.57fordsforever.com website where I knew him from. I have already posted the sad news there so his friends on that forumn will be aware, but please feel free anytime to log on there also.
    Rich

9. I am sorry to hear of your loss. Deepest condolences.

10. Rhonda, I am sad to hear about your dad. He was one of the original members of our club 57 Fords International, and was always pretty active on our site. Another member posted there today about Ron. We will most definitely miss him. We will keep your family in our prayers. I will also say it was an honor to know him, if only through our club and mutual love of 57 Fords.

11. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

Rhonda
    Sorry to see this..Ron was a very valued member of the Hot Rod Veterans.. His last post was a shock. He had posted that he had little time left..then he was gone..
    Always his story's and times were great to hear.. A good man and good friend..
    You are so fortunate to have Ron for a father..as you know..
    And we were fortunate to share with him our lives..and share in his..

We all have missed him greatly..and will always..

Rest in Peace my friend..

12. My condolences Rhonda, Ron was a valued and much respected member of the Hot Rod Veterans, and along with the other guys, I will miss him.

13. So sorry for your loss Rhonda. I never met Ron but we got to know each other through the OFC social group and the HRV group that spun off from it. He and I had a lot in common in our "taste" in cars. I always told him how much I liked his 57 and he seemed to really like my 40 coupe as well. I enjoyed his stories over the years about his work and I always joked that he should write a book. I wish I could have met him, seemed like a real "salt of the earth" kind of guy and my life is richer just from having known him, if only through our little group on the HAMB. I know that you will keep driving his ol 57 Ranchero and keep his memory alive. I'll keep you all in my prayers.

14. rick finch

rick finch

So sorry to hear about your dad Rhonda, Ron was a vital part of our little social group the "HRV's" here on the HAMB...your dad and I talked on the phone frequently, because we both suffered from the same lung disease, and our shared passion for drag racing. I'll always remember him fondly SEMPER FI Ron, R.I.P. my friend.:(

LARS 2011 Sam, Ron, Rick, Ed, & Toby...

[​IMG]

15. Sorry for your loss Rhonda.Was hoping to meet Ron at the 50th Winter Nats.He said he wasn't feeling well after an operation so it was a no go.Glad to have spoke with him via 57 Ford International.He is now in a place where there is no blocksanding.;)

16. Rhonda Fairchild

Rhonda Fairchild
    from riverside

Do you know if there is away to print these pic and message so I can share them with my family I am computer stupid. Thanks Rhonda

17. Rhonda Fairchild

Rhonda Fairchild
    from riverside

sorry I meant to post this to Ed, thank you for your kind words. We had intended on attending the 50th Winter Nationals but dad health just kept getting worse he hated that he love those shows. Thank God no blocksanding I don't think he'll miss it to much.

57 300 likes this.
  18. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Rhonda..my deepest condolences.... Your dad was a awesome fellow.

19. wow i was just reading through the thread about gary coles gunfighter 57 fordawb car i read shoprats post and saw member emertis.......i was like WTF when did this happen? so i did a search and found this thread

rhonda , i am soo sorry for your loss i never met your dad in person but being a 57 ford guy also i looked forward to his replys if i had a question wether it was here or over on 57fordsforever.com

im shocked