Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anything that can be done with a duece 4 door sedan?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fourspeedwagon, Nov 11, 2012.

1. This is funny,-heeheehee sad and confused. Don't think so.

2. stainlesssteelrat

stainlesssteelrat
    from ms

Gimme a 4 door any day, I hate getting out to let friends into the damn back seat.

wedge chop that sucker

3. Congratulations on making the right choice! Owning any Deuce is cool and I hope you get it. Fordors look as good as any of them! Keep us posted of what happens!

4. Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  5. Well apart from the fact it says it's a '33. :D

6. Damn you HOTRODPRIMER! Two of the things that I never really cared for ( four doors and wire wheels ). You put them BOTH on the same car...and I totally dig it! I might need some "alone time" after looking at that car. That is awesome.

7. Your welcome,you miss out on a lot of options with a closed mind,,,HRP

8. True enough. Mine isn't totally closed...just subject to strong opinions at times. I think it comes down to the execution on your car. It could have very easily turned out to look very stodgy...but instead it looks just right.

9. tbird37821

tbird37821

dang.. missed that part of the article didn't I. My proof reader was on lunch break. :D

10. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This has to be a joke , doesn't it?

11. basicbob

basicbob

Just a rough old 32 is fine with me! New chassis, A/C, 350 Chevy, 700 overdrive, 9".

Attached Files:

12. Kurt's Car

Kurt's Car

Hi Bob,

Glad to see you posted a picture of your old four door.

That first picture is my screen saver on the 4th of July.

Thanks for letting me and the boys ride around with you at Des Moines.

Great car, better yet, Fun car.

13. BobMcD

BobMcD

Buy it, then decide what you would like to do with it! If the body is good, I wouldn't want to see it cut up.

14. Obviously,the OP didn't buy the car,,the last time he replied to this post was last year.

Again,4 door Deuces do make great hot rods! HRP

15. I'm the farthest thing from a 32 Ford guy. I always liked em' but their not my end all. The one I would really like to own though would be a 32 Fordor. Done up in gloss black, unchopped and with apple green wire wheels, kinda resto rod style. Just the right mix of 1930's gangster cool but with a later 60's style drivetrain installed to kick a little ass on the open road. Buy it and build that sucker!

16. PM'ed the OP to see if he did indeed score the Fordor.

I think they're great cars - mine's a POS that needs everything but, hey, it's a real Henry '32!

Steve

17. Heard back - OP found out that it looks like it was an off brand - Hudson, Nash, something like that so he passed.

Steve

18. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

For those that say a 4dr. isn't a hot rod, what about Chet Herberts 4dr. That was as much of a hot rod as you can get. A Hudson or Nash would have even been cooler. Why be normal?

19. titus

titus

originally hot rodded in 1959.

Attached Files:

20. Don Wilbur's Deuce Fordoor (photos by Chris Shelton)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]