Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is this a known car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pro Stock John, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  2. i visit the bullet ...from time to time

thats an interesting little coupe i dont have any info though it doesnt look out there enough to be a barris car to me though

3. John, just a couple of quick observations (I know nothing about the car). It looks like the car may have never been "finished", at least to show standards; and it kinda seems like the grille shell may have originally been built for a different car.

4. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not familiar with the car, it doesn't look like a "Famous" or "known" car.
    Either the builder still had a lot to do with the body or had severe lack of vision. It is a VERY unbalanced car that needs something done with the body to match the front, or get rid of the front!!

Honestly,:eek: that front end is so ugly it hurts my eyes but it wouldn't be a big job to fix. Get rid if that independent front and ugly grille, put in an 'I' beam front end, put in a grille of choice (Like a sectioned 35 ford truck grille) and that would be a fantastic car!!

Doc.:)

5. sololobo

sololobo

is very crazy car, but still like a little. ~sololobo~

6. A guy posted the pics in a thread on Yelllowbullet, his friend owns the car. I don't know anything about it, but I know my eyes light up when I see a thread on here that says "Anyone know this car?" :)

Looks a little raw, but look at the console, looks pretty finished. Maybe a done car that was getting restored, or someone was making it more conventional looking? Or maybe the grille is from another car. That grille seems pretty interesting.

7. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

t bird console isn't it ?

8. Grille looks like a drawer pull special with a Pontiac type V in the center.

Kind of an old timey touch.

9. alchemy

alchemy

It's known to be ugly.

10. I love you too.

Dunno, on the right wheels with the right paint, I could see it at a car show. It's not wild per se but I bet that grille has some history.

11. Looks to me like another take on 'Lil Duece Coupe' ideaology. Mid 60's build is my guess.

12. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I've seen worse. Has some good elements, like the nailhead. Even the grille shell isn't butt ugly, just different.( And it does hide some of that IFS a little)

Don

13. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Grille squares 58 Buick. Everything looks like a late 60s build by an amateur. The kind of car that seemed like a good idea but doesn't quite come together to put it diplomatically. Or, the guy had a lot of ideas but no theme and made an ugly looking hodge podge.

Get rid of the ugly ass grille and IFS and you might be able to make a half decent car out of it.

14. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

look lijke a 65 riv shifter ..nice valve covers too.maybe an original buick intake and afb carbs $$$

15. Close......Little Deuce Coupe

Attached Files:

• ldc.jpg
      ldc.jpg
      File size:
      10.4 KB
      Views:
  16. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

A little time & know how and you're stylin.

17. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

The molded fenders and funky nose positively SCREAM early sixties to me. Love to see the tail-lights, bet they point in the same direction, probably molded in to the panel under the decklid. Gonna go out on a limb here, and guess that the build started in the early sixties, and took close to a decade to complete, hence the somewhat strange mix with the ifs. The headers have a late sixties/early seventies look, later style afb's and mid sixties Riv console point in this direction as well.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  18. swissmike

swissmike

Would it be wrong to call it the ...Little Douche Coupe?

It's not terrible, but looks more like a homemade custom rod that never got finished. Would need the rear of the car to be done in the same theme to at least be consistent.

19. Studely

Studely
    from Pueblo, CO

I laughed so hard at this I feel guilty now. I wonder why the YellowBullet OP's friend is so convinced this is a Barris car. Nifty engine...

20. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

because he harbours secret fantasies about ebaying it for $50,000,000. :rolleyes: Its not a Barris car.

21. Buick Riviera console and shifter. '65 or so?

22. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What is that front end out of?

Doc.

23. I saw the first cousin to the car in the orig post tonite on tv---on the
    Chasing Classic Cars show. The host and a friend went together and
    bought this coupe built in the 60s and not run since then. It was
    called the Starlite Coupe, built by a Bill Leslie on the E coast. It
    ended up in the host's shop in Connecticut, then sold ultimately at
    an auction for 30K.

They had to do pretty minor work to make it run. It was really in
    pretty good condition. It, too, had a space age grille. Took these
    pictures of the car while on the tv. Seemed kinda weird taking car
    pics on the set---but I wasn't going to see it anyplace else.

[​IMG]

Attached Files: