Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 1934 Buick coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Oldskooloval, Mar 3, 2013.

1. farmer12

farmer12

Very cool car, well done! Sounding good!

2. Oldskooloval

Oldskooloval

Thanks Farmer,so funny that my entire family is from Holland,my last name is Terpstra!

3. farmer12

farmer12

How's that for coincidence. And I'm going to be in Houston next week! (just one day)

4. Kinky6

Kinky6

Just to say "nice coupe" doesn't go far enough. I like your car a lot. Is that a Howard intake, or did you build that, also?

Later, Kinky6 :cool:

5. Oldskooloval

Oldskooloval

Yes the interior is completely stock redone in a original type mohair .I had the original instrument cluster repaired so all the original gauges worked with a 12 volt generator then added a old moon tachometer to the steering column.Still has all the original wood for floor boards painted black

Attached Files:

6. Oldskooloval

Oldskooloval

Yes I did build the intake,the plenum started life out as a 2x4 6061 by 3/8 thick square tubing.It was cut to length and the ends rounded and Tig welded,the sides were ball end milled in my vertical mill,the 4 runners were made from
    1 3/4 stainless tubing flanged at both ends.The aluminum plenum part was blasted with a course media to make it appear a casting

7. Oldskooloval

Oldskooloval

Farmer,you are more than welcome to stop by my shop if you have time,I have a few mopars but they are o/t cars as they are newer ones with v-10s!

8. citcapp

citcapp
    from Bothell WA

that is one special time machine. That little straight 8 has a sweet sound

9. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

looks great. i like inlines and gm coupes

10. farmer12

farmer12

PM sent.

11. ausbuick

ausbuick

These are sick as!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

nice. I been lusting over a 33 lasalle 3 window for a while now--very similar lines to this one.

13. Very impressive! I have a buddy with a 35, 3 window. He replaced all the wood that needed it...mostly in the lower parts of the body. He also "subframed" his with a bolt-in 49-54 chevy crossmember and a 283/350 turbo. His floors are stained, cleared wood with throw rugs for your feet...it's beautiful.

Attached Files:

14. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

THIS is what I was hoping for. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh...now I have a boner. Lol.

[​IMG]

Thanks for the video. Music to my ears.

15. Nice looking ride. Love the straight 8 and the pipes!

16. Flat Roy

Flat Roy

One of a kind Buick! It just doesn't get any better than that!!

17. Aceswild

Aceswild

Thats AWESOME! Any idea what kind of power the 233 is putting out now? Im thinking about swapping my 248 in my 1940 special to a 263 bored to 270. But I would consider keeping the 248 if I thought I could make some decent power with it.

18. pumpman

pumpman

19. Tommy R

Tommy R

Way cool car... I applaud you for having the restraint not to modify it more than you did. It's perfect as it sits.

20. Oldskooloval

Oldskooloval

Hey there ace,I would definitely go with the bigger engine,I only used the 233 because it was original to the car.i am sorry I do not know exactly how much power the 233 is putting out.

21. Oldskooloval

Oldskooloval

Thank you everyone for the kind words about my car,I really do appreciate them!

22. ninosdad

ninosdad

WOW I love the straight 8 on open pipes and multi carbs, must be an internal combustion Hammond B3...those finned Buford finned brake drums with cables too f__king kool!

23. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

Very Nice, Love those Buicks!

24. Aceswild

Aceswild

Mine is original as well. Im currently pricing out boring, decking, port/polish, cam, header and custom intake to pep up the ole 248...The car is an all original survivor and I cant bring myself to pull the motor out when it runs perfectly.

Awesome ride you got there

25. pontman

pontman

Nice Buick man! I see you have provisions for 2 more stromberg carbs on that intake. Sure helps having your own machince tools to build cool parts. SWEET RIDE!

26. Are you kidding?
    This is a whole nother level of cool!!!

27. Bearing Burner

Bearing Burner
    from W. MA

This post makes me want to get started on my series 40 coupe. Have owned it 40 years.
    Installed a 1949 248 when I first got it.Looked for running boards for 20 years before I found a set.Rest of body perfect. Coupe had hydralic brakes when I got it and a cracked nail head.

28. Bill in Al

Bill in Al

That car is great and the last time I heard anything like that was a backwoods sawmill run with a Buick straight eight. Love it and thanks for posting.--Bill

29. biscaynes

biscaynes

love it! those straight 8 buicks are cool!:cool:

30. Oldskooloval

Oldskooloval

Problem is getting to use them tools on my own stuff! I have a problem telling people no I can't help you:confused: thanks for the kind words