Register now to get rid of these ads!

She calls it- Ms.Daisy. My 1952 Styleline

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fury9, Feb 23, 2013.

1. fury9

fury9

I'm gonna post pics with photobucket and if that shit don't work I'll do it my other way. Now on to the car, I traded my 90 FXR project for it.It's a running and driving stoppingish 52. It's pretty original as far as I can tell. Search function "1952 styleline deluxe" I'm on page 4 but I read alot more shit than that here, Kudos. You guys do some pretty fuckin wicked shit with cars. I had my sub panel put in the garage, I need an air compressor as big as I can afford and I can't get in over my head.I'm a remodeling carpenter.I drink alotta beer on friday and saturday and I'm 32. I been taking stuff apart since I was.... I'm listening to Modest Mouse radio on pandora. I ain't flying a flag with the colors of the rainbow either to each his own. No IBTL posts either that shit is lame.

MY PLANS FOR THE CAR
    I would like to upgrade the front brakes, rebuild them. I ran over a nail yesterday and I now know how low I want the back to be, not sure on the front, I read it on the internet.Brakelights, DS turn signal that don't cost me a freakin arm and leg,lots of misc. nuts bolts and screws will be necessary along with some tires,

oh yeah beavis, details on the car. It has two original front rims the hubcaps won't pound onto the back rims but they are on the front have all 4. the automatic shifter knob is missing. The radio humms but lights up. The cigarette lighter ALMOST get hot enough to light a cigarette. I been jumping it with 12v and I think I shouldn't do that anymore. Asshat paint job,original key,dings, putty on the rear quarters, last registered according to the sticker in 75.it's sexy.
    DREAM LIST- jag fornt end, open driveline with a T-5 on the tree?gambino c-notch kit, fatman dropped spindles, welder and associated skills (hey I can dream) air compressor, do I really need that big of one? GJ got me into thinking I NEEDED a snap on tool box, I sold it. metal working skills and a hammer and dolly kit.

Fuck it you guys are getting the photos you have to wait for.

2. fury9

fury9

pics

Attached Files:

3. fury9

fury9

I basically just been sitting in the fucker drinking beer, I did drive it around the block a couple times

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  4. fury9

fury9

5. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

looks like a good solid car---lower it the cheap way ,fix the brakes and enjoy it while you gather parts...

6. fury9

fury9

thanks dude!I will!

7. fury9

fury9

I'll keep the pics coming , need teeth for the front grill

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  8. Looks like a pretty good starting place.......just don't be drinking that
    beer while yer out tooling around.:D

9. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Is this Groucho?????????

10. fury9

fury9

Here's another pic- pass the 9/16

Attached Files:

11. fury9

fury9

welp, I'm making progress. I am currently working on the grill kinda restoring it you know, it was pretty rusty.I have jambed my little finger many times due to the piece of sandpaper getting caught up on rust while applying maximum pressure on the foreward stroke with 80 grit. Had to vent. I had a 100 amp sub panel put in my gRge thanks to a buddy of mine.attached garage. No air compressor as of yet because apparently I am very poor.Hence the sitting in the fucker and drinking beer.

This grill is turning out to be a real pain in the ass. I have a new respect for you guys who do some serious work on your cars. Thanks to seanbelushi,Ryan272, I part out chevys !! (are ya still on here?)SandiegoJoe, thanks for the write up on the 12v conversion as wel as HUSSY fir posting the ship on the 12v conversion.

Well it looks as though I'm going of on a tangent that my fingers dont want to keep up with. Love you guys (and gals) keep the info coming onthem

12. fury9

fury9

I just broke the ash tray mother fucker!!!!!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  13. Great start.. I bought a 52 Pontiac 2dr post and then traded into a '52 Pontiac 2dr hardtop, so it begins

14. seanbelushi

seanbelushi

Looks solid! Good luck and lemeno if there is anything you need.

15. sololobo

sololobo

Nice lil Chevy. Sure would be nice to have a 52 grill, the first of the toothy ones. Cool rig what ever happens, n-joy! ~sololobo~

16. fury9

fury9

welp,ahhh my best friend of 25 years dad gave me 3 wide whites on olds rims and apparently they don't quite fit. He's got two rocket 88's one fastback and one hard top along with a 56 fairlane convertable. I'm jealous to say the least. I need some rims and tires, preferably 15" I have the olds 15's bolted up with the wide whites, I need so,I need rims to bolt up to my stock ride,HELP ME!

17. 52HardTop

52HardTop

Hey fury9, you got a 51 grill on that car, so it might be easier to find a 52 grill for the toothy grin. You'll find the 52 grill has no Chevrolet script on the top bar.
    Dom

18. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Good luck on the grill. If you have a good grill candidate for re-chroming that might be your best bet. Be prepared to pay for one.

I had to think outside the box.

Attached Files: