Register now to get rid of these ads!

where to hide the kill switch?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tracer55, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Blacktop VooDoo

Blacktop VooDoo

A main kill switch is always a good idea be it hidden or in plain sight, along with a separate fuel cutoff switch if you have an electric fuel pump.
    Adequate coverage on your auto insurance policy in case of theft is also a good idea.

2. Sure...i'll tell you where to hide it. Might as well give me your pin # for your ATM card also...

3. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Put it in the middle of the dash and label it "Ejector Seat" or "Fog Lights". Hide it under the seat and a thief will find it in 2 seconds.

4. ChefMike

ChefMike

why would you want people to know were your putting it ? were on a site with a great bunch of guys but you never know

5. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

I once had an ignition kill switch built into the driver's door armrest. It was a lever-activated microswitch that was fit beneath the armrest cushion. To start the car you had to apply fingertip pressure to a particular spot in the armrest.

6. Rig the lighter, has to be in /out to start, other positon kills the power through a ford starter solenoid.
    Put a pressure switch under the mat/carpet.
    Rig two switches with relays that only work in one position.
    Have a small knob under the edge of the dash board.
    Wire it in a neutral safety switch.
    I had a guy that I wired one to his sun visor light. the visor had to be in a certain position to start the car, would not kill it though.
    Have a separate lever next to the floor shifter.
    Hinge your kick panel and hide it behind.....
    etc....

think out of the box because someone that wants to steal it will figure it out.

7. Besides my main kill switch in my O/T car (1957 VW) I stuck a pin switch for the electric fuel pump behind the ashtray...how many thieves are going to break into your car, get it started. light up a smoke, and open the ashtray? I've forgotten a few times, get it just warmed up, stick it in first, let the clutch out, and...nothing...dead in the garage...oh, yeah, open the ashtray, stupid...

8. 56FRLN

56FRLN

On a past car I wired a button switch under the dash. I had to reach down and push the button in while turning the key or nothing would happen. It was simple to wire right into the ignition switch.

9. chucksdart

chucksdart
    from Mo.

There is a cool old copper dash emblem on my coupe that is within reach of both driver and passenger . I removed the emblem and mounted a push/pull disconnect switch behind the dash panel with the actuator rod sticking through the panel and into the passenger compartment and mounted the emblem to the rod . With the switch in the " run " position , the emblem is only sticking out about a 1/4 " and totally un noticed . You just push in on the emblem to put it in the " kill " position . Given the facts that this car is stupid fast and I am in my 60's now , I thought it would be a good idea to have a " Panic Button " within reach just to be on the safe side . It could be a life saver in the event of a heart attack or some other medical emergency and without it , my wife could be an unwilling passenger on one hell of a wild ride ! It also comes in real handy for hot starts . When the engine gets " heat soaked " and wants to kick back when you are cranking it . Just put the switch in the " kill " position and crank it until it gets spinning real good and then pull the switch out and throw the fire to it . Works like a charm . :D

10. kscarguy

kscarguy

Got a cigarette lighter?

on my old camaro, I drilled a hole in the back of my lighter and mounted a stereo jack. Pull the lighter out and slide a male jack in it and it's good to go.