Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 4,200 Vehicles being crushed in Central, MN

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Beau, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Beau

Beau

There is a yard in Spicer, MN that's is crushing bunch of cars soon. A lot of on topic stuff. The kicker is no parts.

Check that famous search site in MPLS/St.Paul.

This is a big one.

2. looks like 3 yards in Spicer- which one?

3. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Whats the secret?

4. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

I know nothing about this other than I found the ad on Craigs List.

search "parts cars/250 over crush price/several locations"

Here is what they wrote.

First off let us tell you we do not sell parts.

last year watched 55 chevies crushed one after another,imperials and lincolns with disc brake rears and fuel injected drivetrains crushed
    1/2 to pickups ,panel trucks,old limo's,old race cars,70,s muscle etc.

we are helping with over 4200 cars and trucks to be crushed this year [so far] starting march 20th or so we will allow persons to pick out cars during pre crush and haul them out on sunday's only while crushing is not going on for $250. over [our] current metal price

tryed this last year and only one fellow showed up and he did not have any money

will try this again this year
    send me a specific list of models you want and we will send you photos of vehicle that year and update you on that crushes metal value,consider we buy metal from junkyards and are second to last price,not what you get for metal when you haul it in
    WE DO NOT AND WILL NOT SELL PARTS,WE DO NOT OFFER TITLES,WE ARE SELLING PARTS CARS AND TRUCKS[SUNDAY MORNING,S ONLY TILL NOON.
    Win or Lose
    po box 11
    Spicer Mn 56288
    send your wants address and will contact you each time we are involved with a crush,ours or others we know also are cooperating
    we will help you load for $56. an hour also,will not get involved in transportation

5. sounds cheap - $300 - even if it's rusty - there's so much trim and glass that's just not being reperduced...

6. GREASER815

GREASER815

I's not $300, They want $250 on top of the scrap value of the car the way I read it. I guess alot depends on if they are picked clean of good parts or still complete.

7. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

8. husker

husker

I ran onto a yard like this in southeast IA a couple years ago who did the same thing. They didn't offer to sell as iron was so high the old guy didn't want the hassle. Nice to see these folks offering.

9. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

I would bet it is Windy Hills. They did a major crushing a few years ago. I can't think of any other yards that are THAT big in MN other than them and French Lake.

10. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

After looking at that ad, it sounds more like a crushing crew that is maybe selling cars on the side for a little extra money. They have several yards lined up to crush, not one yard with 4,200 cars.

11. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

I wish I was back at home. Depending on the cars, it maybe worth buying a couple pulling the parts you want and selling the rest back for scrap. Kinda sucks they won't sell parts. However, really cool they are even offering anything.

12. fury9

fury9

there's a period after 250, they gotta be negotiable

13. fury9

fury9

I jusy coughed a 1/3 can of coors into my eyes, I'm amazed nothing landed on the cpu

14. fury9

fury9

win or lose
    po box 11
    Spicer MN 56288

15. 52stude43

52stude43

went to windy hill last year , little to no "old stuff" left, all late model stuff ???
    unless they are into Rohners at Wilmar he has some left ?? like to know where all these old cars are ????:confused:

16. TB3

TB3
    from Dallas TX

how do you contact them??? Through old school mail???

17. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Sending out a letter tomorrow.
    Has to be worth a stamp to see what happens.

18. Don't think the cars are in central MN. Last fall, I talked to a guy in Spicer that buys and crushes out yards, said he had a big yard lined up for this spring, can't remember where he said it was; but it was way up north.

19. UniqueCollector

UniqueCollector

Want to know if it really is true. If it is then picking up some cars for parts is a good deal.

20. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

21. Wowcars

Wowcars

Thats for Windy Hills, the Craigslist ad says its in Spicer.
    Rohners is listed in Wilmar.

22. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

I'm guessing the crushing crew is based in Spicer, and the've been contracted to crush out few few yards that total 4,200 cars. 1 yard with 4,200 old cars in MN would have to be something well know/picked over.