Register now to get rid of these ads!

what did you get done today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4rod, Mar 2, 2013.

1. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

I cleared a big section of the forest behind my house of dead trees and manzanita ….. It made for a killer bonfire.

2. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

Let my 12 yr old son install the new tail lights and bezels on the '55 today. He also got the seats out and floor cleaned up to start rocker/floor pan replacement... :)

Attached Files:

3. Finished A pillar's and built door top.[​IMG]

4. Nothing car related! HRP

5. At least you kept your foot out of another hole :D

6. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

Fixed the front door alignment of my house.
    latch and locks wouldn't engage correctly.

Exactly like doing it on a car.
    Tweaked the lower hinge with something on the hinge while closing....
    It was tweaked the wrong way... Shimmed lower hinge...
    Now the lower corner close to the lock it lifted up, door is aligned as well as it can be on an unsquare opening/ jambs.... Now latch and lock mechanisms work again without having to lift the door up......
    Sound famiar?

7. Walked around the Lincoln Swap Meet for most of the day, threw away a few hundred dollars on '40 Ford parts and OT crap, then came home to catch hell from the old lady about walking around a swap meet for half a day, throwing away hundreds of dollars on crap and not rinsing bbq sauce off my plate before putting it in the dishwasher. Some times it's fun to PO the old lady...except when she's brandishing a cast-iron skillet or a rolling pin.

8. 61falcon

61falcon

took my daughter to a hockey game

9. You got that right! HRP

10. kwoodyh

kwoodyh

Mocked up my 348.

Attached Files:

11. Do Good Jr.

Do Good Jr.
    from texas

I drove my 50 Ford shoebox after me and my buddies swapped out the 3spd for a T-5. Damn it felt good to drive the car after its been down for a couple months. Now I get to hear the flathead for two more gears ! CMF !!!!

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

12. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

I shoveled all the snow off of my 49 Chrysler and sat in it day dreamed and told myself this is the summer I'll get it on the road.

13. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

Got my every day driver ready to go to Detroit for the Autorama and some touch up work on my f100

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

14. 41 C28

41 C28

Pulled the Hemi out of the A and got it ready to go back to the rebuild shop tomorrow.:mad::(

15. roughneck424

roughneck424

Finished up the interior to the camper.
    [​IMG]

16. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

Shoehorned 90% of my Model A parts into the Model A, Getting ready for the big move. I think that this is the first project of mine that will move itself and all of its stuff 'n things under its own power.

17. spiders web

spiders web

Cleaned all the undercoating out of the trunk area and cut out the trunk floor pan to install new on the 41 coupe. Started installing the front suspention on the frame. All while listening to 40's music and ingesting some fine bourbon. Ah the weekend!!!!!!!!!!

18. 5/7HEAVEN

5/7HEAVEN
    from Hawaii

Busy week. On Tuesday, I picked up my rebuilt T5 tranny ($500 on ebay) from the docks. After work on Friday, my Hamilton T5 adaptor arrived. After I reamed the tranny's bolt holes I emailed Hamilton because the supplied allen bolts were too short. Earlier that Friday, I had decided to buy a motorcycle jack to help swap the 4-speed to the T5. Over $200 for a new shipped Craftsman. That night, I responded to a craigslist ad for a used Craftsman jack ($100), but no one called back. Early Saturday morning, I went to another garage sale 3 blocks away and bought a used Craftsman jack for $50. After unloading it at home, I realized that I hadn't driven my '57 Chevy for 3 weeks, so I cruised in it 4 blocks to McD's to meet a guy selling a new OBX efi pump. He had bought it for $188; I got it for $90. I've been shopping for a driveshaft for my T5 conversion and playing "phone tag" with the junkyard ($90) and two separate "flakers" ($25).Discouraged, I found an ad from a guy selling Chevy parts. I'd bought parts from this nice fellow 10 years ago. When I got to his place today, I measured half a dozen Chevy driveshafts. The one I chose even had the correct yoke for the T5, but needed to be shortened about six inches. I won't know exactly how much until the 5-speed is installed. For $20, I got a good used driveshaft with the correct yoke! I've also been playing "phone tag" with this guy about a Ford 9" third member. Also surfing the 'net, looking for a gas tank sender, fuel hoses, filters, fittings and another fuel pump. Also went to church and went out to dinner with my daughter and her family. Busy! Granted, it was more like 5 days, not just today. :D

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  19. 5/7HEAVEN

5/7HEAVEN
    from Hawaii

Now THAT'S funny coming from a 90yo guy, lol.

20. john~N~dallas

john~N~dallas

Got my notches in place today and started welding them in

ImageUploadedByTJJ1362374080.805606.jpg

I'll be working on the 4link next weekend

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

21. fonti

fonti

wanted to clean some stuff...but decided to have a beer instead and just look at the cars and the shit that is on the walls...

22. JEM

JEM

I got the garage cleaned out enough to get the '65 Mustang off the lift and off to the exhaust shop this week. Then, pulled the engine back out of the '64 Country Sedan so I can prune the fabricated mount towers to move the engine back 1/2" and down 1/2". Which means the engine's now sitting under the lift so the Mustang's trapped (again) until the wagon's engine is back in for another round of trial-fitting.

Then I managed to nearly tip over my recently-acquired little Logan 10x36 lathe while relocating it in the shop, broke the carriage handwheel and the power feed control lever. Found a handwheel on eBay but I'll probably have to pull off the apron, pull the guts out of the power feed and see about getting the lever welded. Foul mood all f'in evening...

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  23. randy

randy

Brake job on my '57 Chevy panel truck. It actually stops now...

Attached Files:

24. EZ Cool

EZ Cool
    Alliance Vendor
    from Slaton TX

Got my shipping done then played the B-day present my wonderfull wife gave me. Logiteck security camera. Got it mounted facing the driveway, software installed, even installed app on my android phone so I can log into the camera with it. Opps..sorry, not very traditional.:eek:

25. I like yer collection of "double barrel sling shots!"

26. Shoveled away the latest snow storm then went out to the garage and changed out a leaky pinion seal in my old Chevelle.
    This evening after supper I switched out the rest of my Massachusetts Antique license pates for new sets of Mass. passenger normal plates (PAN plates).
    Mass. DOT wont allow Antique plates on hot rods yet they wont grant us street rod plates.
    Now I can drive with no usage restrictions.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  27. ford495051

ford495051

Finished putting the interior back in my Sunliner.....

28. 64falconsix

64falconsix
    from Daphne Al.

polished the aluminum wheels on the 64.

29. I wired my dome light. Pretty bright for 6 volt.

[​IMG]

30. Converted my Falcon from generator to alternator.
    Cosmo