Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cold snowy day just got warmer!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by raprap, Mar 2, 2013.

1. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

Hi all,

Here in the southern part of Ohio, we have not seen the sun for days. We've had snow/ice falling from the deep dark grey skies for as many days too. Just really freakin' depressing.
    My daily driver, 2001 Dakota Sport has an old Flowmaster set up on it that rusted off on my way home Thursday. It's my daily but has over 166 K on it and it got very loud.

It's Bright red, lowered and the best sounding "newer" truck on the road. Anyway I ordered a knock off set of flowmaster 40's mufflers that are made in the US plus some replacement pipes. The parts are fully tig welded and covered in aluminized silver paint . Nice stuff.

This job looked to be a cut, slide on, clamp and go project. Luckily for me, I called a buddy and he let me use his lift in his heated garage. A 60 something year old man just can't lay on cold concrete anymore. My friend Ken said, oohh, I know this won't be a 1-2 hour job! Lo and behold, After measuring, sawzall the old crap off, measuring, fitting and clamping, we were done within the hour! That's after we had to move his 55 Chevy off the lift. You did notice that I said measure a couple of times. Pretty critical when working on exhaust parts at home.

If there's anything in our "hotrod world" that can get the juices flowing and give you a brighter outlook on such a shitty day, go out in garage, cut, bang or run your air tool for and hour and I gaurantee you'll feel alot better!

2. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Hey man I am north of you and I hear ya! I can't wait to be banging gears this spring summer. I am off to work on the 55 in the garage this afternoon too.
    Jay

3. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

I've lived too long in cold climatic areas. The times to be out with your ride seems to be getting shorter and shorter! What's up with that?

4. chopped

chopped

Snow flurries today, this is freekin mid-Georgia. I drove 1000 miles south to live in this?

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Would this be a good time for a guy from Phoenix to mention it will be 82 today and there is sooooo many things going on this weekend couldn't do them all? And yes, you can remember this and remind me in the middle of August when it's been over 100 'round the clock for two months at that point...

6. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

I hear ya loud and clear RapRap ya must not be too far from me! A week of lousy weather and I''m ready to see some SUN for sure! But it sounds like your day was brightened up anyway!

7. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

oldsjoe,

You must be close. Where are you located? I'm close to Centerville.

Raprap

8. Olderchild

Olderchild
    from Ohio

I hear you guys i'm in the north east, worked in long johns for 43 years in a steel mill hate the cold and i have 3 cars apart in my garage waiting for warmth:mad:

9. 53fordcustom

53fordcustom

They're saying 50 on friday here in Columbus.. That's plenty warm to do something in the garage

10. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

That will work for me. The old Chevy will be out!

11. Olderchild

Olderchild
    from Ohio

Still SNOWING:mad: GEEEEERRRRRRR

12. A nice and toasty 72 here today....I feel for you guys in the snow areas

13. superbowl01

superbowl01

live in socal but at 4400 ft, can wait for the 90 degree weather. heating the back garage cost a bundle

14. repairmanrod

repairmanrod
    from colorado

Some of you guys get pounded pretty hard with the weather! I live on the eastern plains in Colorado and it has its days but we may get 3 feet of snow today and you could almost open the garage doors and work in the garage tomorrow. Snow dont hang around here to long, the only bad thing about it is with the wind it may only snow an inch and you could end up with 3' drifts. When that happens i pray they close I 70 down, cant get to work, then hang out in the garage all day.

Rod

15. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

East side of Cincy hoping to spend some time in the shop tomorrow gonna start the heat early and maybe get something done