Register now to get rid of these ads!

'32 Chevy 5-window coupe measurements ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by good_ol_boy, Mar 2, 2013.

1. I need these measurements from a '32 Chevy 5-window coupe. Since new reproduced 1932 Oldsmobile parts don't exist. Chevys look close, but they are not the same.

I'm trying to compare body panel and window sizes, to see if '32 Chevy lower patch panels and glass will fit my '32 Olds coupe. I bought some Chevy lower Cowl patch panels, but they look atleast an inch too short.

1932_chevrolet_coupe.jpg
    A. Width of the quarter panel lower patch.
    B. Width of the door.
    C. Width of the lower Cowl.
    D. Quarter window width.
    E. Door glass width.

2. larry woods

larry woods
    from venice fl

for the 1/4 window glass width? have the originals for both thiese and door. will try to get these for you later today.

3. larry woods

larry woods
    from venice fl

qtr panel 16 3/16
    door 29 1/2 width beneath handle ferrule
    cowl 13 1/8
    door window 24 7/8
    qtr win 11/ 1/4
    hope these help. done with OLD eyes so hopefully they will be very close. good luck

4. I'll try to get out to the garage later today and get ya some measurements

5. Thanks Larry, I just compared your Chevy measurements to my Olds. They are both pretty close, except the cowl. Of course, since I already bought the lower cowl patch panels and they are a little short. Looks like the Olds cowl has a couple more inches in front of the cowl vent. Here's a pic of the top of mine...
    OldsCowl.JPG

6. larry woods

larry woods
    from venice fl

door and qtr windows were glass widths. checked my cowl and it is a little over 10 where you show 12!