Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ENWICC Lincoln Nebraska Swap Meet March 3 2013 - Whos Going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by metalfaber, Feb 23, 2013.

?

Are you going to the Lincoln Swap Meet?

Poll closed Mar 3, 2013.
  1. Yes, I will have a booth/space.

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Yes, I am going to buy!

9 vote(s)
    69.2%
  3. Maybe, haven't decided yet.

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. metalfaber

metalfaber
    from Nebraska

Just curious who all is going to the ENWICC - Lincoln Nebraska Swap Meet next Sunday, March 3 2013?

I will have my booth there, anyone else have a booth, if so, what are you selling, or just going to browse, or looking for anything in particular?????? Maybe someone else who is going has what you are looking for, or has something you dont know you need yet. So post up!

If anybody is wanting a large item (boxing plates etc.) and is going to be there, Ill make sure I take plenty along. Good opportunity to save $30 - $40 and up on the ever increasing shipping charges.

I will have Every Flavor of shrinking Disc and boxing plates there, and some other items. Also contimplating on making a special offer just for the meet on a few items, but It will have to be a surprise, cause I don't know what it is myself yet. :p

Brian

2. BLUECOLLARKUSTOMS

BLUECOLLARKUSTOMS

Jeff (midwestcruiser) and I will be making the trip down again this year, looking forward to the first swapmeet of the year. Always find something we need. Scott

3. Really thinking about heading over from Des Moines this year - As someone who has not been to this swap meet before, is it mostly later musclecar stuff or a good variety?

4. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Not a bad swap with a bit of everything. I have a few regrets over things I walked by there.

5. lilbdfrd

lilbdfrd

Im going and im even planning on buying some of your boxing plates, for my A frame.

6. metalfaber

metalfaber
    from Nebraska

Sounds Good! I will be in the Exhibition Hall by the East door (red square). The Exhibition Hall is on the South East Corner of the whole event, and is were they are handing out the Car Council Books as well (north end of the same building in the past), for those that are interested.

I borrowed the map from http://www.lancastereventcenter.com/ If you go to their webswite, you can click on any section to make it bigger.

Brian

Attached Files:

7. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

This is ususally a good swap meet, lots of variety. A lot of stuff inside buildings, and usually lots outside as well

8. metalfaber

metalfaber
    from Nebraska

Attached Files:

9. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

i'll be there

10. chubbie

chubbie

I'll be there

11. I am going to sell. I will have a 331/354/392 Chrysler hemi Weiand intake with four Stromberg 97s, a couple 1939 Ford transmissions, a few later three speeds, a couple overdrives, and buckets of extra shafts and gears. I will have a lot of 8BA engine parts, crankshafts, bellhousings, flywheels, a 48-52 Ford F1 steering column, a set of artillery wheels to fit 1930's Ford bolt pattern, a few hubcaps, a Quaker State stand for displaying a sign on a sidewalk, single aluminum Buick front drum, 1933-34 rocky mountain front drums, 1960 348 block, 1930s IHC truck headlights (red with cool patina), 1932 Essex wire spoke wheels (4 lug), 1947 Ford pickup grille parts, drums, backing plates, three 51-52 Ford truck grilles (all parts to build a custom Merc grille like the one in Bo Huff's car. Also I will have pictures of all my parts cars and project cars on poster boards. I'll have a burgandy red 89 Chevy extended cab parked in the vendor space. SEE YOU THERE!!!

12. You left out hell no I wouldn't b there if you were giving away popcorn.

Why the poll ot see who is going to a swap meet, polls are all about opinion.

Just a question and keeping you on top incase one of your friends only read the first page.

13. Always some great buys in the past years...So I will be there.

14. metalfaber

metalfaber
    from Nebraska

everythingsforsale, Excellent, hopefully someone needs something you have. Anybody else have stuff, post it up! Give the Hambers a head start ;)

porknbeaner, LOL, I will have to remember to add an option like that next time. I just didn't want 5,000 people who were no were close to us to click it! Just kind of get an idea of how many hambers are going (the ones that read the post that is)

And thanks for the bump! It seems like today after you post, it only takes a couple minutes and you might as well be on the last page!

Brian

15. are there any old hemi venders there usually ???????

16. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

Is it any better than the 1st year there??? It took me over an hour to go less than 3 miles due to poor traffic control. Then had to park in the mud. I havent been back since. It seemed alot better coordinated when it was at the fairgrounds.

17. Some days this site moves faster than a streamliner @ B-Ville. :D

Now if you had put something controversial in there like this is my first rat rod and I'm going to weld a roosters comb on it what do you think it would stay right on top for days.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  18. metalfaber

metalfaber
    from Nebraska

911 steve, I think they made some improvements on things from the first year, as just like anything else, the first year for a large organized event is bound to have so troubles, as its the first time. After they see what needs adressing, they can make the necessary changes.

porknbeaner, point taken, ill remember for next time.

19. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

I'll be there. I always look forward to the first swap meet of the year!!!

20. Thanks for the plugs on the ENWICC Car Council Directories/Calendar of Events, guys - make sure you pick up one (I put a lot of time into it this year to update club listings) in the Expo Hall. This is our fourth year at the Lancaster Event Center, and every time we hold it we learn a little more about how to get things set up. There are over 60 clubs that help put this shindig on, and a lot of us will be floating around today and tomorrow helping out.

21. This is the first "big" swap meet of the year in the area.
    I attended this as a vendor for 10 years and always had good sales.
    If you need something for a project....find it here cheap.....or more expensive at
    the Iowa meets later as the parts are bought and sold again.....BTDT

22. All packed and ready to go. Just found some 65 Coronet/A100 van lightweight bucket seats, Oakland radiator shell, 59-60 El Camino parts, and 60's Super Duty hood scoops I'll be adding to the mix.

23. metalfaber

metalfaber
    from Nebraska

No problem Yutan Flash, Its nice that you guys put it together. Ill be sure to get mine while I am there.

Brian

24. metalfaber

metalfaber
    from Nebraska

If anyone has some rear armrest ashtrays or just the covers for a 57 Chevy 210, I know someone who is looking. (they are different than the ones that are being reproduced)

25. thefryeguy

thefryeguy
    from Kansas

I'm sitting in my truck in line to get in and set up right now: #2!

I've got a real mix of stuff: Volvo, Volkswagen, Chevy, Ford, Pontiac, you name it. Tools, wheels, faring, hubcaps, running boards, radio, decor, tires, alternators, switches, seals, relays, grille, lights, horns, chrome bits, seat belts, weatherstripping, license plates, jumper cables, carburetor, etc.

Hopefully I come home with less than I left with!

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

26. A bunch of cellphone pics from earlier today...

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Attached Files: