Register now to get rid of these ads!

Has Macs been taken over?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lowsquire, Feb 28, 2013.

1. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

Hi there,

I made an online order with macs 12 days ago, and I haven't received a 'your order has been shipped' email yet , my account has been debited, but not by macs , instead by 'ecklers' and have also started getting multiple marketing emails from ecklers, which I trashed as spam. Have macs been bought out??
    Normally I get parts to Australia in about four to six days.. Now they don't even answer my emails?? This isn't good..

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

2. Yes, there was a good thread about it.

The old owners are staying on to run it for Ecklers.

3. DD COOPMAN

DD COOPMAN

Eckler DID buy-out Mac's recently, but supposedly, no personnel change. DD

4. Cerberus

Cerberus

There was a post many weeks ago about MAC'S being bought up by the giant Eckler's. I have bought parts of Eckler's that no other vendor offered. I found Eckler's shipping and handling a little pricey.

5. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

Has anyone else experienced slower service or lack of communication since the buyout?

6. I found that communication remained the same. Both in person, and over the phone when shipping.

Can't say that I've emailed them before though.

7. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Mac's has sent enough catalogs since winter of 2011 I can tile my living room..I really haven't noticed much performance wise but I am close in CT..

8. onedge

onedge

Didnt know that Ecklers. I have been holding off on letting them get my money on OT ride till spring. But now Macs with early Ford parts they'll get all my dough now.

9. airhead

airhead

I have bought from them several times. The last 2 times i did not receive an e-mail that the parts had been shipped. However, i did receive both orders within 3 days of ordering.

10. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

I guess I'll put on my patient hat (it doesnt fit well!) and see what transpires.

11. 226 flattie

226 flattie
    from orange,ca

Could be worse .... it could be joblot

12. I ordered fro Macs week before last and got my stuff in five days.

13. olskool34

olskool34

I just had to call them to make sure my account wasn't being jacked because I had an amount taken out and it said Ecklers and I had no idea who they were. I got on the phone with a guy and he was nice and asked if I had something ordered through Mac's. I said yes and he said that they had bought them. Haven't got parts yet but they have taken it out of my account.

14. 5window

5window

I you paid by CC you should be okay-I'd do the same thing,too-make sure I had the money before I shipped you the goods.

15. Pete

Pete

I called today to get a price and was on hold for over 20 minutes before I spoke to anybody.

Macs always had speedy service...

16. I spoke to a former employee of Ecklars and He said we shouldn't notice any difference in how things happen. He was also at classic Chevy when Ecklars bought them out. Obviously they do some things differently. Just have to give it some time and see how things go. It is a group of Bankers from what I understand...makes me think about the thread last night about how few car people there are working in auto related businesses!!!!!

17. 64falconsix

64falconsix
    from Daphne Al.

Ecklers bought out dearborn classics last year also. my 1st expirience after the buyout was disappointing. Guess the sales staff was trying to learn a new product line ( Falcons ).

18. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

Mac's has been hit n miss as far as speedy delivery. Half of the time they say the order will have to be pulled and sent to shipping which will take 2-3 days alone then 3 days later the order is on my porch? Other times I am told the same then 2 ta 2 1/2 weeks later it'll show up? Overall I am still happy and will continue to order with them.

19. manyolcars

manyolcars

Macs sent me spam, trying to get me to buy stuff.
    The ad said, "Be the envy of your friends!!"
    ummm, that might work on Corvette people but us Ford guys dont play that shit

20. bobscogin

bobscogin

I just bought a 9" clutch for my flattie. Purchased online, delivery time was good. No changes in service from previous purchases that I could determine.

Bob

21. olskool34

olskool34

Got my parts today and I don't think it was any slower or faster than before. I think everthing will be fine with the buy out.

22. Mickey One

Mickey One

Well that explains why I'm getting e-mails from Ecklers lately,even though I've never had any dealings with them in the past.Thanks.

23. Wardog

Wardog

Hey Ben How did you go with Mac's? It has almost been a month since i bought my stuff and all I have recieved is a generic purchase confirmation email. No answer to my enquires and definitly not my parts!

24. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

My last two orders from Macs were slower than usual.