Register now to get rid of these ads!

'65 chevy C10 clutch linkage... question. HELP!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by theylive, Mar 1, 2013.

1. theylive

theylive

My clutch went to the floor a couple of weeks ago on my '65 C10, and the upper clutch rod popped off the clutch itself.. easy fix. However the the little fly nut popped off of the lower pushrod that holds the pushrod in the clutch fork. I got a new pushrod nut from LMC and my big question is... how does this little nut stay on? Apparently I've heard it's held on by pressure? But there are no threads and it just slides onto the end of the push rod and is loose. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

Check out the link for a detailed photo/diagram (it's part#3 on the clutch linkage section)http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cbe/full.aspx?Page=79

2. Joey7319

Joey7319

Here is a picture of my 65 c 10 panel, hope it helps you out.

Attached Files:

3. theylive

theylive

Yes, thank you! I was putting that little nut on the outside of the clutch fork as oppose to the inside. I feel like an idiot. Thanks!!!!!

4. Joey7319

Joey7319

No problem, We should always try to help when we can.

5. how about pics of the truck and the panel...?

6. theylive

theylive

7. Joey7319

Joey7319

Here is a shot of my panel. Fun little ride. She is a little smokey, but I`ll find a healther 6 for it someday. In the meantime I keep the local bug population in check.

Attached Files:

8. Here's a pic from the rear of the arm, mine is a 6 cyl.

Attached Files:

9. Nice panel... I had a '65 C30 that smoked like a WWII japanese battleship, good for 3 quarts in 20 miles. It came with a piece of old bedspread between the hood and cowl. After I pulled that oil-soaked POS out, in the first rain storm I drove it, I found out why it was there.

Bob

10. Joey7319

Joey7319

I`ve been waiting for a local guy that is pulling his good running 6 out to swap in a sb 400. Once he pulls his motor I`ll have my replacement. I like the Straight 6 and gas is not getting any cheaper.

11. 230 with 3 spd o/d great mileage, but being a bread box doesn't help :D.

12. theylive

theylive

I got everything hooked back up and I'm sitting up here at suntire waiting on new rubber all the way around. Thanks so much for the response boys! Stoked to have ol' blue back on the road!