Register now to get rid of these ads!

San Antonio, Tx HAMB'rs Where are y'all??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A31ModelA, Apr 10, 2011.

1. shadams

shadams

Cool, they start back up in April as you probably know so I will look you up. I hope to have my truck drivable by then.

Did you have a bunch of stuff on Craigslist a while back? I almost called you up to stop by, have an AD i am building and you had a couple things. Cant remember what though, ha!

2. 210eddiep

210eddiep

3. shadams

shadams

I used to go when I had my GTO but that was several years back. At that time it was nothing but corvettes, camaros and sport bikes.

4. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Biff's was pretty much the same when I went there a few weeks ago. Have you tried Big's gas station at Portranco and 151? There had to have been 200 cars there 2 weeks ago when the weather was nice. There are still lots of new cars and bikes but at least there are some older cars that show up as well.

I look for it to not last too long because of all the new mustangs rolling through the parking lot revving their engines and spectators parking at the gas pumps and leaving them blocked for a long time.

Still its something to do on a Saturday night for a little while.

5. RamJet1

RamJet1

We went to Bigs last year, I think, and the show was huge. Then we went back the next month and got chassed-off by the cops.

If it's on again we will have to go for sure, but all of my old stuff is down. We hit Soda Pop's as often as possible as well, and the next car one is March 23rd.

6. shadams

shadams

Aww yea, just go the Soda Pops email as well Ramjet. I'll look for you, probably wont have my truck driveable by then but will plan on being there....

7. whitedawg

whitedawg

Good Lord willing and the creeks dont rise...hope to have the Dodge to its new home in SA this weekend. Looking forward to getting it inspected and tagged so I can get out and about.

8. 210eddiep

210eddiep

Great! Be nice to see your Dodge at soda pops.

9. Is the New Braunfels swap meet still in the future? If so... when and where?

10. 210eddiep

210eddiep

I think it's April 13.

11. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

12. 210eddiep

210eddiep

13. 54LedSled

54LedSled

14. 36tbird

36tbird

Very helpful. Thanks for posting this.

15. RamJet1

RamJet1

16. 54LedSled

54LedSled

Heads up...took the 54' out to a car show on Saturday....lots of cars, mostly new. Cool though.

Every last Saturday of the month - Cruise-In
    HWY 1604, Exit Blanco at The Vineyards shopping center (Panera Bread Parking lot)
    830-1030 a.m.

Also picked up a flyer for another cruise-in car show every 2nd Saturday of the month at I-10 and the RIM shopping center at the Lowes there.
    830-1030 a.m.

17. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

I've bought stuff from AJ and he keeps a good list but it is mainly swap meets where he will be setting up. The calendar I posted earlier is something I keep up myself. I try to centralize it around the San Antonio area and keep it to mainly traditional pre-65 type stuff, except for the local anything-goes cruise nights. If you all hear of an event you think would be a good add to the calendar, let me know.

18. shadams

shadams

MARCH 30TH 9AM-3PM (NEXT TO NAPA IN BOERNE
    Lester's Automotive Center Sixth Annual Open Car Show
    32128A IH10 West (exit 543)
    Boerne, Tx

19. shadams

shadams

Now THIS sounds COOL!

Attached Files:

20. Garry Carter

Garry Carter

Wow! Nine pages already ... and nobody has asked, "Where's Carter??" Well, for the record, I'm out 281N in Spring Branch. Driving the car in the Avatar every chance I get and building a `28 A-V8 roadster.

And just so there's no confusion ... the New Braunfels Swap Meet is April 19 - 21 ... two weeks after Roundup and 1 week before Pate.

21. RamJet1

RamJet1

Sweet car, Carter! The model and the shot look totally period, very cool.

I'll be at the NB Swap, always am, but I'll be in newer metal, but still with a slightly lopey cam.

22. shadams

shadams

Yea, nice carter. Wish the pic was bigger so I could check out the........car.......a little better....

23. NIGHT-CRAWER

NIGHT-CRAWER

When r we gonna have an san antone hamb bbq...food beer and all the rides...

24. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

What would you all say to a cruise on March 23, to Luling for a BBQ Lunch, then a short ride up 80 to Dick's Auto Museum, then a cruise through Gruene and out 46 to Boerne for SodaPops first cruise night of the year? Yes, no, thoughts?

25. shadams

shadams

That would be cool, esp if it like today. If my truck is driveable I am down.. But I dont see that happening for me, but I will see you guys at Soda Pops for sure...

26. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Is it just too much driving for people? I drive my cars hours and hours without a thought but not everyone is into the drive.

Would it be better to maybe cruise out to Boerne and invade a park for a while (or pick a lunch spot, then the park) then hit soda pops? I don't know. Still interested in other's input.

27. whitedawg

whitedawg

Wish I could make 3/23 but will be working, would have been a good chance to meet
    I do need recommendations for a good shop in the area of 1604 and Culebra
    I may have updated myself in to more time, work and $$$
    When I replaced the original trans to a BB T/F the parking brake went away..no problem never had to have car inspected, now that it is in TX need parking brake to pass. The only forseable option is to swap into a late 60s early 70s MOPAR rear end unless I can find another solution
    Thanx for any input

28. NIGHT-CRAWER

NIGHT-CRAWER

Im thinking a meet sometime after april would be good,,gives myself and others to get things finish up on their rides.....

29. 54LedSled

54LedSled

Beorne is always a good place to meet up. A bbq joint would be great! I like Texas Pride BBQ off 1604 and FM78 heading east!

30. 210eddiep

210eddiep

I guess you have to reserve a space at the New Braunfels swap meet a year ahead of time:( Anybody with a space willing to share?