Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wanted: Original 11.00-16 Firestone Dirt Tracker

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 9, 2013.

1. mohead1

mohead1

I had summa them tires (but in a 15" rim and 12.5 wide) on a 41 Willys many years ago, wrinkle wall, soft, sticky...with a blown big block, she would put it on the wheelie bars occasionally......great tires, look bad as hell......need them on the back of the 30 Coupe....

2. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

3. NorthBayArea

NorthBayArea
    from Smyrna, DE

Anyone hear anything on these? I see coker's website has them listed....and back ordered.
    I'm looking forward to getting hold of a pair.

4. birdman1

birdman1

shades of Gus Schraeder!!! (worlds best dirt-track driver) My dad watched him win at the Iowa state fair,in the 30's, said he threw mud clear up in the grandstands!side-ways all around that dirt track! Only he used wards tires then.

5. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

IMG_0580.JPG I don't think that I ever saw this thread???? In 93 I drove on a set of 11:00-16 Stones to Springfield, MO.
    Was worried about not making it home, Asked Speedy about a pair of the many sets that he had,=NFS!!!!!:(o_O

I was hoping/waiting for years for someone to make some in order to run another set on my Americans again.
    Sometime in 2014, I came across a pre-release of the Double Diamond 11:00-16's, Man-I just knew I had to get em. I like the look and I'm glad that Corky spent the bone$ to make them. It took till Dec 15 to get them and Jan 16 to finally get them mounted. I knew that Jake had the ones that were spoken about above,not sure if I ever saw any @ P-Woods unless they were on his red 29 or 32 roadsters that he's had in the past?

Well it was a small fortune that was spent, but I've got the 34 roadster back to the look that I've dug since I was a teenager and I'm grinning every time I see the double diamonds. I haven't really driven it to far yet, but probably have about 200mi. on them in short little trips to Tommy's Burgers or Bun n Burger.
    Now I pose a question, From the books that I have and even a R&C Pictorial published in 1969, Most Hot Rods were on Polished or Un-Polished Americans or Halibrands with either Slicks or Blue Streaks, One exception had Firestones,but the were similar to Dirt Track Tires, but were kind of block pattern. Now mind you, even Bo Jones was just on 6 Ply Truck rear tires and some knobby tires in front on his Kelseys.
    What did most of our HAMB contingent remember seeing Angled/Staggered Block Diamond Type Dirt Track Tires? My first view I believe was Barry Lobeck's 32 Roadster in a build shot in like 1977-78??? After that it was Rusto-Racer=E&B Sedan, Jake's 34 on 16" ET III's & Then in the 1983 it seems they came out of the woodwork.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  6. Ebert

Ebert

Josh is the man for this one....

7. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Last time I looked they were angle/stagger/block pattern Kevin.

[​IMG]

1956 F100 likes this.
  8. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

I have to say 3D, That tread pattern covers it all. My set that I had ran in the 90's was a larger angled block.
    When did you 1st remember seeing DTT's, Was it the 70's,80's or 90's?
    The tread on the Kidneys that your roadster scream Outlaw Sprinter!!!!!
    Kool Look on that Hot Rod!!!!