Register now to get rid of these ads!

2013 DETROIT AUTORAMA.. Goin', Showin' ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hapydz, May 4, 2012.

1. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

I'll be there as much as I can, No Cadillac.

Unless a bunch of brave souls want to push it all the way there, come on I-75, what yer got?

2. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

I gotta ask, has everyone who sent in their application & money for registration recieve their entry packet yet?

3. 38mag

38mag

I haven't received my packet yet. I talked to Dennis and he said he didn't know why I haven't receive my packet yet, but I was in.

4. Anyone else that entered before the deadline and hasn't recived conformation yet but has had the check cashed call Dennis or Message me.

Thanks

Rudy

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  5. I got my entry packet today! :) Stoked, and have so many awesome things planned for this year!

6. In 2011 the main floor was great but I have a feeling the lower level will be more like "home" ...:)
    Ron[​IMG]

7. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

We'll be there with three new additions this year. Baby Addison's 57 Sport Fury, Chets 32 Green Austin Bantam Dragster, and Jimmys Yellow 32 Ford RPU with a Ardun headed V8. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

8. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

bumpity bump bump... getn close. everyone ready?????

9. 48cad

48cad

Yep but of course. Lets see, I pull out of South Carolina tomorrow morning and I'm still in the booth painting a couple panels this morning. I'll be upstairs.

10. lowbuckers

lowbuckers

Safe travels to everybody see you there!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

11. .

The Chemical City Coupe will be there.

I'm looking forward to meeting a bunch of new folks and hanging out the basement.

Be sure to stop by and say hello.

12. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

Leaving Thursday night. See you guys Friday. Good luck to everyone who's thrashing to get their cars done and there. Nice to not be doing that this year.

13. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Due to popular request the meet and greet will be moved from 12 o'clock to 2 o'clock on Saturday

Aparently this will help those partying the night before to make it. :)

14. Going to the Detroit Autorama on Wednesday with my son Myles, will be the highlight of my 60 year obsession with the automobile. It has been a great ride and I hope the next 60 years will be as fulfilling...I will keep you posted ;-)
    Ron

15. Guess I missed posting in this thread.

I'll be there Saturday and Sunday.

16. kool1

kool1

We've got 3 coming down from Sask. Canada and 5 from poughkeepsie NY area.
    Also does anyone from Detroit no of a good traditional barber not too far out from the show. Don't have a good local one now so I thought I might get done while down there. We're getting in on thurs. Are the Govt cuts affecting waits at the tunnel coming from Windsor Airport.
    Thanks, kool1

17. Mike53

Mike53

I'm psyched,Detroit means the basement and spring is on its way!Also a burger and a beer at the Anchor Bar!

18. The crew from the Berkely Chop Shop will be cutting hair all weekend long in the basement. You can call them if you want to make an appointment or if you will be there through the weekend get your name on the list. Jay and the boys know how to do it up, highly recommended shop to get your dome in line

19. kool1

kool1

Hey thanks for the Info. I'm there all weekend so will definetly get in touch with them.

20. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Got a fresh box of dramamine for the bus ride.First time as a wimpy rider.But its all worth it even if I get a little sea sick.Ive had this curse since a kid.Two buses from the Buffalo NY area and we will be well represented.3 1/2 sleeps,we leave at 1AM

21. rusty63c10

rusty63c10

if youre showing are you allowed to have a cooler full of beverages?

22. Only if you drink decent beer and are willing to share. :D

23. rusty63c10

rusty63c10

ill share i was just wondering what the rules were

24. lowbuckers

lowbuckers

Pack as much as you can is the only rule haha

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

25. Motor City Garage will have complete coverage of the Autorama and Autorama Extreme, including Great 8 and Ridler winners reported live as they are announced. Be sure to sign on to our twitter feed so you can get results in real time.

Here's the kickoff preview featuring last year's Great 8 and Ridler winners, LINK:

2013 Detroit Autorama Preview | Mac's Motor City Garage.com

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

They are predicting some snow to move accross middle Ohio today and tomorro, from Chicago. None here in Toledo and up , so ya'll be careful if your coming up from the south.

see ya safely in the D.

27. Never mind that, I want to know if the spectators can! ;)

28. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

Load up your car when you set up. Once the show opens they will not allow you to bring coolers in.

29. I was told they will be searching for outside beverags and they will be confiscated.

30. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Since when???

"outside beverages" are part of what makes the basement "THE BASEMENT".