Register now to get rid of these ads!

New two four scoop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by burt21, Feb 26, 2013.

1. burt21

burt21

Hi burt from RICHIES here. Just thought i would get the feeling from ya guys on my new two four scoop. Fits center to center from 9 1/2 down to 7 1/2 plus can be modified to fit 6 7/16 center to center. Criticism excepted even bad ones.

2. racemad55

racemad55

On top of blower injection,but not on carbs! Kinda like the fake quickchange cover.

3. Since you asked ....

I never liked those style when Cal Custom had them years ago and still don't. Although they would go good on a Camaro with hi Jackers, tires hanging out of the fenders, zoomies, and Back Off Sucker mud flaps with a Mullet wearing dude driving it.:eek:

Just my opinion, and you asked ;)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  4. captmullette

captmullette

bad ass, very different, hope everythings going good, any headway on the scoop, thanks BT

5. i like it though i dont have anything with dual fours id make it alittle taller and offer it for single four guys also

6. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Appreciate the work involved Burt but not feeling this one. I am looking for a one piece (like the fiberglass ones) for a tripower set up...........................

7. lht

lht

bug catchers belong on blowers thats just me

8. I Drag

I Drag

I dig it. Itd be better if it was wider and bigger in front.

9. SlowMoe

SlowMoe
    from Alabama

Actually, I like it.... But since you Mentioned "Fake Quickchange covers"
    Isn't that the same as 6x2 setups with dummy carbs? If we're going to keep things traditional, why run dummy carbs on anything? What's their purpose? I don't think they ran them like that, Back in the Day!

What's the possibility of a narrow scoop like the old Injection two-port units to run on top of a triple deuce setup? These are the newer ones, and are actually wider, but you get the idea... Sure would look cool on a set of trips

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  10. burt21

burt21

Hey guys thanks for the comments.Wheather good ,bad or just smart ass i like to get peoples opinions. It is why we get so many diffrent things in our hobby. I am not into anything fake it serves no purpose. But as i look at this sitting on my hemi I am thinking shorter adaptors to lower it closer to the carbs.Good thing I made them 2 inches to begin with. Again thanks!

11. SlowMoe

SlowMoe
    from Alabama

Burt, I definitely agree with the shorter adapters; I didn't say anything about them, because I figured better to offer it with the longers ones, and the buyer can cut them down to the size they're wanting. As far as "Fake", how can this scoop be considered fake? It's on top of two 4bbl carbs, and supplies air to them.
    FAKE, is when you have six Stromberg's on top of a manifold, with two or more of them blocked off!

12. Those things remind me of a 4 toed foot and I get all wierded out.
    Something very disturbing about those scoops