Register now to get rid of these ads!

LMC kind of pi$$e@ me off this week...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Buzznut, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Buzznut

Buzznut

With my new work schedule I have very limited time to finish my project. Where I used to have every night after work, these days weekends are about it. I ordered a lower hinge pocket patch panel Monday around 2:30 pm. I figured they would process and ship it Tuesday...they showed they had plenty of stock.

Didn't get a shipping confirmation until today and apparently the didn't even process the order until Wednesday afternoon and I won't get it until Monday. So, another weekend lost, and unfortunately I cannot mount and align the door or mount the fender and get the front group aligned and buttoned up until this part is done.

I know this could have gone either way...this Friday or next Monday. Just venting...seems like customer service is somewhat going by the wayside these days.

2. "best lade plans of mice and men"

3. Wow a company took three whole days to ship something what is the world coming to?:rolleyes:

I think maybe customer expectations should be reigned in a bit as well. Everyone seems to think they are the only customer a company has and someone should be jumping on their order the second it comes in and getting it out the door an hour later.

Maybe you should have planned a bit better and ordered your parts more than 4 days before you needed them.

4. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

we have been in a blizzard this week. 16 inches of snow monday plus 6 more wed. shipping is slow right now. they should have that posted on the website. sorry for weekend lost.

5. Buzznut

Buzznut

Thanks for the heads up.

I've had stuff ship within hours of placing my order, so my expectations were the same as what my experience has been in the past.

Honestly wasn't considering the weather and didn't realize the parts would be coming from back east, so I completely understand the delay.

I recant my complaint... I'm not pi$$e@ off, just disappointed.

6. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

LMC sucks.....I do everthing I can not to buy from them.

7. 47chevycoupe

47chevycoupe
    from Finland

I am southeast of LMC a few miles. We had snow, drifts and I have been digging myself out since Tuesday. Its surprises me they even were there. Today is the second day this week that the US Mail has delivered to me.

8. txturbo

txturbo

I've always had good shipping with LMC. I just ordered some stuff from them a few weeks ago. Ordered it Sunday night and recieved it Tuesday noon. CPP on the other hand......ordered it 9 days ago and they are telling me it will ship next week. So my truck is on hold now.

9. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

I get a lot of stuff from LMC and they can be a little slow getting orders out, CPP on the other have always been painfully slow at shipping stuff out.

10. 56FRLN

56FRLN

I think the environment we are now in lends itself to instant gratification.

Want to talk to someone while driving down the road? No longer need to look for a payphone (a what??), just grab your cell.

Need to get a message to someone? Shoot them a text, an email, IM, etc.

Need to see what a supplier has? No longer need to call and request a catalog, just go to their website.

Want to hear your favorite group's song? No longer need to go a store to buy their album (yeah - I'm dating myself), just download it to your ipod or stream it.

While this instant communication / instant gratification is great, it does spoil us for those times we run into what the OP did. If this had happened 10-15 years ago it would have not even caused a person to blink.

Crotchety old voice "back in my day . . . " :rolleyes:

11. silversink

silversink

Me too---they don't have International truck parts---all joking aside, there are a lot of GM parts on an International and the parts I have ordered were shipped a lot faster than expected.:)

12. Buzznut

Buzznut

Hey, I used to go to Tower Records as a kid in high school...talk about dating yourself. Instant gratification can be a bitch when you are so used to it that you forget the way things used to be.

13. LMC is in Kansas City correct? We got 12" of snow tuesday, most companies were not even open on tuesday the mail didn't even run, until yesterday.

That 12 inches was on top of the 10 inches we got last week, that is 20+ inches in less than a week.

I am not in love with LMC but maybe watch the news when you are not working on the project?

14. I guess i will just verify with the other KC folks...snow, ice, plows. hell the way it drifted in my driveway it was up to my knee's. sorry your weekend got jacked. im sure they are doing the best they could. hopefully you have something else that you can do.

15. hotrod1948

hotrod1948
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milton, WI

Lade? I think you mean laid!

16. dubie

dubie

I made one order to them for leaf spring shackles and pins and it took 2 weeks for them to just call and confirm my order before shipping. Meanwhile, any other supplier I ordered from, shipped my goods within 48 hours except for CPP. I had a 10 week back order on 2 parts when i started my build. I guess that kind of thing happens when you're such a huge supplier of parts.

17. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Maybe the guy they have on staff waiting for you to order something had to take a leak. I know you recanted but its just too easy of a target.
    Its "Whopper Syndrome" pretty self explanatory, and sad.

18. Too bad you're not working on a Ford, then you could go over to the Fordbarn and complain about shipping times. There's usually 10 threads about it at any given time. None of which are productive

19. Actually I think they shipped within a reasonable time frame. The other side of the fence always has another story. Shipping is a pain for any business and especially in the middle of winter.

20. Come hell or high water-shit happens.... Should be a lesson to plan ahead

21. Hell or high water is shit and yes it happens.

We have been laughing about if, the first big snow the mail man did show up for two days and the last one he missed two days as well. I guess that shoots that come rain or snow or dark of night thing all to hell. :D

We got a call last night from a company that we have some financing with, we mailed the payment the day before the first snow and they hadn't recieved it yet which makes it a couple of days late. They called to see if something was wrong, we can fogive one payment a year with them.

23. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

Being I work for an auto restoration parts business I'll shed a little light on how things work:

1.All air/rush orders take precedent over ground shipping orders.

2.All Orders are processed in the order they are taken. If you called at 2:30 PM, there were people who called at 8:00am - 2:29PM before you. Their orders are processed before yours.

3. As soon as we hang up the phone, we do not ship your order. It goes to the shipping department and your order gets in line for processing.

4. Shipping times differ depending on your distance from their location, weather, and other unimaginable clusterfarks that happen once it leaves the businesses loading dock.

5. God forbid it's a foreign shipment because there is about a 45 minute hoop jumping paperwork pooch screw for every order.

I know it sucks, but if you didn't order it next day air, 2 day air, or 3 day air, you are not guaranteed a same day shipping.

24. choppedCOE

choppedCOE
    from San Diego

I too ordered from LMC this week and in the checkout process there was a disclaimer about shipping due to weather....I feel your pain about your schedule but some thing are just out of our control....

25. Think your pissed now. Wait til you see the crappy parts they sell.

26. Buzznut

Buzznut

News? Hell, even if I had the extra time, I'd find something less depressing and better to do with it. I don't even have broadcast tv. Like I said, I understand the delay....

27. I completely missed that before I posted so that one is on me.

They were so worried about both storms that they closed the airport the day before each. I have been in and out of this city for several decades, I have never seen them close the airport before a storm hit, not even on out last blizzard a couple of years ago.

28. mherman39

mherman39

Ditto, this last week has been hell...

29. hoggyrubber

hoggyrubber

i know you didn't know about the snow, but lmc has always impressed me with the shipping speed. if i have ordered stuff early enough in the day, i have got it the next day. as far as quality, you get what you pay for. woks ok for me if i can't find orig.

30. I was working on the building next door to LMC this afternoon...

ImageUploadedByTJJ1362102328.022748.jpg

I have no reason for posting other than coincidence.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad