Register now to get rid of these ads!

Keeping It Forever... Part III

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. That's a great video.

Maybe in the future you can start a Keep It Forever... Part IV

For all the Hambers that have that special car that has always been in the family since it was new. HRP

3. sololobo

sololobo

Man oh man, hit me right in my MoPar jones. Grampa had tears, and I was chokin them back my self. What a heartwarming story of family, cars, and lottsa love. Thanx. ~sololobo~

4. seatex

seatex

If that video doesn't bring a tear to your eye, you don't have a heartbeat.

5. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

Very neat story to say the least.

6. Eddiesixem

Eddiesixem

This hits close to home for me. My 50 fleetline, was owned by my grandpa in the late 60s, he bought it for 50 bucks and him and my dad built it and got it turned back in to a nice car, he sold it in the 70s after someone hit the rear quarter pulling outa his driveway, way before i was born, fast forward to 1991, I was 10 years old, I found a picture of the car in an old photo album and was infatuated by it. I had asked my dad what had ever happend to it, and I kept the pic, dad shared all the stories about it and I dreamed of getting it back, Fast forward again to september of 1999, i was 18 and had my first job and still had the pic and car on my mind from time to time, 250 bucks a week, (thought i was doin good workin 12-15 hours a day! haha) found out that one of my best friends great grandfathers, had been the guy that had bought the fleetline from my grandpa, and he still had it!!!!!. My dad and I went to see it, it was exactly how my grandpa left it. just 30 years of delapitation from being in the weather, title was never even transfered from his name!, a deal was struck for $1200 if i could pay payments, that was one broke ass month haha, but i drove it home in october, I still have the car today, in my own version, and am still in love with it, it will be in my family forever, as long as i see it that is, seems like it was meant to be (shes in project form again it was my first car i built and thats been 14 years ago now, but still my favorite car ill ever own) 2nd pic was the original pic i found in the photo album when i was 10.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  7. Jive-Bomber Jay - Awesome story! ... I've really enjoyed this "Keeping It Forever" series! ... As HRP suggested, I hope there is a part IV, V, VI, VII, ...

8. friggin"A"

friggin"A"

Is it allergy season already? sniff sniff.. what a great story.

For my grandparents it was a Chevy DelRay, the same year they were married 1954, and they drove off in it much in the same fashion. They flew out to visit for their 50th anniversary and I picked them up in my 54' 210... it was very special. I had to sell it but I know someday I'll have another.

Kinda makes me wish our first car was cooler.... future children, if you're reading this, forget the Firebird, get me another 54'!

9. lowerod

lowerod

What a tear jerker.....To bring back memories to an elderly couple about anything is fantastic.MAN I LOVE THIS SITE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

10. sled56

sled56

Magic stuff, makes you realise how important your folks are and maybe your hot rods or customs could be driving long after your gone.

11. Movinman

Movinman

I got goosebumps watching that! Great video, Jive bomber!

12. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man, I really like these Keep it forever stories.. Im not gonna lie, that part where the old guy got choked up, that got me.
    I wish I had the money to get my dad the nosed, decked and tuck&rolled 58 impala he had in high school in the mid 60's.. Nothing would be greater than that.

13. catdad49

catdad49

A classic for sure. Thanks

14. blacufo

blacufo

I agree keep them coming.

15. jroberts

jroberts

Hagerty sent this to me a few days ago. It gives you a warm feeling no matter how many times you see it. Good stuff.

16. autobilly

autobilly

Very good, thanks. :)

17. I'm loving these keeping it forever stories/videos. Great story and it sure made me tear up.

18. austinhunt

austinhunt

Good story, happy ending. I like it.

19. Bakchoy

Bakchoy
    from georgia

It doesn't get any better than that! Thanks.

20. jimbanner

jimbanner

Man what a great video, thanks for sharing it.

21. 1great40

1great40
    from Walpole MA

What a beautiful story of family and cars. This country would be a better place if more folks were like this guys.

22. Dave Rondou

Dave Rondou

That is a great video. Three classics back on the road. Thanks for posting this.

23. Cool story. Just sent it to my dad.

24. what nice and friendly people, the kind of parents who deserves the best..

well done, and the video quality is stunning, thanks!

25. Great story thanks for sharing. but for some reason i seem to be leaking...

26. flamingokid

flamingokid

Keeping it Forever should be a regular section.And pass me the Kleenex,there seems to be some dust in the air....

27. foz

foz
    from WISCONSIN

Simply awesome . . .