Register now to get rid of these ads!

#74 in series "fun with magnets"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scottsrods, Feb 28, 2013.

1. scottsrods

scottsrods

Here's a handy and fun use for that magnet. I often wondered if I had stayed in school long enough to get my degree in medicine, could I have stuck it out long enough to specialize as an eye surgeon? Well it turns out you don't need an advanced degree to practice on yourself, just a strong neodymium magnet!
    You'll need: 1) neodymium magnet ( sort of clean preferred)
    2) mirror
    3) good lighting
    4) steady hand
    5) idiot with metal shaving in his eye
    Works like a charm!:eek:

2. The trick is being able to find the magnet with tears running out of one eye...

Bob

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And that is at 03:15 when the pain wakes you up. Ever notice that eye surgeons who dig the chips our of your eyes have the largest fingers of anyone you have ever seen?

4. scottsrods

scottsrods

5. Cword

Cword

Coincidence; Funny that this was in my email this morning
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

So...is the guy who was pushing that thing squished on the floor off to the left, or wadded into 2 gallons of Alpo inside the mag machine??

We had a probably worse version of that accident here in NJ when MRI was just coming into use. Someone left an oxygen bottle near the door of the MRI room...when the machine was turned on, the poor bastard inside was killed by the oxygen bottle's sudden arrival.