Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs The Kaiser on Jay Leno's Garage!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NTAPHSE, Feb 27, 2013.

1. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

The HAMB really is the epicenter of hot rod talent. I'm glad it exists.

2. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

I do, and I definitely feel blessed getting recognition from TRJ and Leno. It does not go unappreciated. :)

3. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

I was working on my car when JF's car showed up on the scene. He built his much faster since he has a shop and employees. I wouldn't say anything on that car inspired what I did but I did take notice and study the car, mostly so I wouldn't inadvertently copy anything he did.

Honestly they are worlds apart in my eyes, his is a street rod and mine is more traditional. The key components that differentiate the builds are the wheels, stance and interior. Funny that they are both heavily modified blue '51 Kaisers though.

The next project will be an oddball hot rod, following the concept of the Kaiser. Take a car people didn't think about building but give it proportions and details that are universally cool.

4. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

Yuck, I don't think I'll ever put skirts on anything.

5. ryno

ryno

Congrats on all the media coverage. I noticed the no shocks right away. There are companies out there that make a bolt on shock tower kit, I'm assuming you'd be able to fab something your self though.

6. I was going to ask about shocks.

That was a very cool segment, congrats!

7. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

Specific to a Caprice chassis or universal? I probably just need to quit putting it off. I'm really wishing I had shocks for that video now. The roads in Burbank were terrible!

8. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

9. supervert

supervert

10. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You're livin' the dream! Congratulations.

11. Keith,

10 stars ain't possible so you're gonna hafta' settle for 5 ... ;)

Watching the video, I kept thinking I was looking at a CGI
    and not a real car, it is that damn unreal

Stellar build !

Jim

12. Pharouh

Pharouh

That car is sooooo sexy! Great job!

13. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

I am running Slams too, and that's why I didn't put shocks on initially because everyone said you don't need them. You might be able to get away with it, but the front end still bounces. It could ride better with shocks.

14. chubbie

chubbie

Hi NTA, great car! the video rocks!! i'm trying to find the song "house of the riseing sun" on extreme music, as stated on you tube. no can find! could you help with a name for the band, or how to find them?

15. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

Sorry I have not looked into it. Maybe check the comments on YouTube someone may have posted it there.

16. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

You Sir, have arrived. To have Jay Leno drive and appreciate your work, getting guidence from Gene and comparing it to the Beatles writing your song, it has to feel good. Thank you for sharing your wonderfull talent and experience with us.

17. grim

grim

Very kool, man... You belong on there; thanks for carrying the torch.

18. ryno

ryno

it probably isn't as bad as it looked either when you drive it,cause i'm guessing you probably don not drive it that high. either way you will be glad you put shocks on it. id be sure to look at the valving you have in those shocks though, they maybe too stiff?

the shock kit you posted will work, or you can make them outta 2x2 box tubing with a stud on top and just buy the lower stud, or get these for a s-10. I'm sure you can make them look if you are not wanting to weld on the frame.
    http://thorbros.com/shock-relocatin.../air-ride-technologies-s10-front-shock-mounts

19. tbauer

tbauer

Beautiful car. I just wonder if the four winners ahead of you designed and built their cars like you did ? I doubt it . Thanks for sharing it .

20. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

I've come to grips with the fact that my car is not a "points" car. I'm sure the cars that won had fewer flaws or got points for shaving body parts that I didn't. It's fine with me because I didn't build the car to win trophies, and I hope my answer to Jay reflected that. He kinda caught me off guard with the comment about placing fifth haha. The TRJ feature and Leno video are better than trophies to me anyways.

21. rocksolidnate

rocksolidnate
    from Viroqua Wi

Great work, something to be proud of!!!

22. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Hell yes!!!

23. You sir, have incredible vision. Those are some ugly cars stock. You turned it into a work of art! Gorgeous. Just beautiful.

24. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

I didnt take Jay's comment about your fifth place finish as a dig....rather the contrary, I took it as a complement that one guy could crank out a top 5 finisher in a two car garage amidst all of the ultra high buck shop built rides.....

Good game brother....I've been watching this build for years and it has not dissapointed

25. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

26. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

No I didn't mean his comment was a dig, just that 5th place isn't really worth mentioning. :)

That's why I was surprised he brought it up.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

27. tbauer

tbauer

I just wanted to say you did a great job and I for one hope to buid a car on that level someday.

28. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

What a great build. Nice work! What's your next project?
    Jay

29. Woodguy

Woodguy

You did a great job Keith. The fifth place at the GNRS is totally worth mentioning, especially considering you did all the work yourself. Not to mention your feature in TRJ. Your car's beautiful, and you deserve the attention.
    Congratulations man.

Dean.

30. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

fantastic skills,great job...you have a old heart and i mean that in a good way. young guy biulding the old way. i am jealous of your skills!!!!!!