Register now to get rid of these ads!

Curved Wrench What Is It For?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olderone, Feb 24, 2013.

1. don't care what the tool mfr said it was for I made a lot of money taking out starter bolts with it and yes I do type slow

2. AllSteel36

AllSteel36
    from California

Maybe the fuel pump on a Cummins...I've a very similar one (just 3/4 tho)...for that (FP).

Never needed a special wrench for the starter though?

3. fulltimeforester

fulltimeforester
    from california

A wrench like that is used on model A's to torque the head bolt under the distributor

4. olds fan

olds fan

some of the older head gaskets required to be retorqued after running the engine. That style wrench allowed you to do so without removing the rockerarm assembly.

5. ^^^^ Bang on , i still have my set of Sidechromes from when i was wrenching in the 70's. JW

6. spaner

spaner
    from australia

mr 48 chev and bill cove are correct its used for taking head bolts off hard to get at bolts yes i have never been a machanic for 55 yrs parents never had a car but i did work at a garage when i was a kid. i think they dont use them any more havent used mine for 40 yrs now seeing that i dont have a gm side plate holden 6 all the best

7. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

Curved wrenches?

I just had to post these.
    Top l., a must for a starter on a flathead
    next two, distruburator wrenches,door hinge wrench ,door hinge wrench
    middle with red handle fan wrench mid 60's 70's
    Next, bottom two, the all time favorits, hand made tools for that ^$#*& nut in the back!

Attached Files:

8. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

The "comcast.net" site............I'm not familiar with it, yet I was on a homebrewing site the other day, and there was some brewing and brewing equipment info at an "comcast.net" address.

Same as the "comcast.net" cable and internet providers?

Enlighten me, Please Sir!:D

9. I think your right on the starter, needed a long extension to get to the back top bolt. too many years ago to remember them all but in the shop I worked at the third time you borrowed one you had better hit the tool truck and buy one or you were gonne get ripped.