Register now to get rid of these ads!

Home made c-cab....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by no limits, May 4, 2012.

1. no limits

no limits
    from Louisiana

Thanks Guy's...Yes,, them diamond window's would be cool..Wish I would have seen that before doing the windows... I can't wait to start back on this build.. Money's down right now..But one day soon I hope..

2. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

Any updates?

3. vwdave30

vwdave30

4. holy cow !!!...you need to put the Wells Fargo or Brinks logo on each side because it's an armored car !!!....definately need that fat block to move it !!!...nice job, Hero !!

5. no limits

no limits
    from Louisiana

Thanks..
    Sorry guy's... been so busy lately..The C-Cab only weighed in with the big block chevy at 2240... I really don't think that's to heavy for a all steel home made car... Still lighter then a Mustang II..

Didn't have the chance to get back on it yet.. But shouldn't be much longer...Here how she sit's right now..

Attached Files:

6. Anything new going on with this yet?

7. no limits

no limits
    from Louisiana

No not yet,,, But should be very soon... Had to get a lot of things out my way first,,, I did a little cleaning in my shop,, And painting,,,not done with the shop yet,, But getting closer everyday,, I can now see my c-cab again...:D
    Now that I'm getting cought up on things I should be kicking this build back off soon.. Thanks for asking..;)

Attached Files:

8. Great work - hope things get sorted so you can get back on it.

Love the C Cabs. The best known C Cab over in the UK was Revenge built by Nick Butler - used a lot of Formula 1 parts in the suspension.

[​IMG]

9. Tcab

Tcab

Great looking C cab it's alot of work. I built mine it took about 12 years,ayoung family came first. I was going to build a plywood buck as you but talked to some fiber glass shops, this was early 80's, and they said to leave the plywood in and spread the left over resin on the inside to seal it. Short story I did and heid up great been on the road scence 94. I just had some repairs and repaint done. keep up the good work on your C cab.I'll post a picture later Photobucket is down for maintence, they are getting to be a pain.

10. Interesting how you made the bed sides out of front fenders. How'd you do the tailgate?

11. no limits

no limits
    from Louisiana

Thanks..
    I seen it before and it is very cool,, Reminds me of the pizza wagon...

12. They were actuallty made from wood and cloth other then the cowl and didn't have doors. ;)

I have some original dims from one incase I ever decide that I am accomplished enough to build one. I have always thought that the c cab was tits.

Looks like a slick build. I'll have to keep track of this one.

13. no limits

no limits
    from Louisiana

Thanks... I would love to see yours.... I was going to do this one out of glass, But went with the steel,,, I do a lot of custom work with fiber glass,, One thing to remember about glass is the resin is very brittle without the chop added...A lot of people think adding a lot more resin when building a part make's it stronger,, When doing glass work you want just enough to wet the chop mat out,, No more.. The less resin you can use the stronger the part will turn out... Not saying you don't know,, Just wanted to add this for the next guy..Thanks again..Post some pictures of your c-cab..

14. Tcab

Tcab

Here are some pictures of my C cab held up very well for aback yardigan that never worked with glass before. Read alot of books and asked alot of questions from the fiber glass people.Turned out to be a fun ride, turns a lot of heads and waves.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. no limits

no limits
    from Louisiana

Very nice...;) I can't wait to get mine done..

16. no limits

no limits
    from Louisiana

Thanks.. That's my son's truck.. Yes we turn them around backwards and made the rest.. Pretty cool look for sure..Here's the back side.. I didn't make a working tailgate..

Attached Files:

17. no limits

no limits
    from Louisiana

Thanks..

18. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

diggin it. look great.

19. no limits

no limits
    from Louisiana

Thanks..

20. Deuces

Deuces

21. no limits

no limits
    from Louisiana

Got some new wheels for the back, Now working on getting the front end and wheels,, Will be kicking off the build soon..

Did a little blocking also...

Attached Files:

22. Anderson

Anderson

Spectacular!!!

23. no limits

no limits
    from Louisiana

Thanks Anderson..;)

24. no limits

no limits
    from Louisiana

Got my front wheels together now... 454 is on the stand going back together,, Should have the motor back in it by next week..

Now to get my front end..

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

25. Ive been watchin this since you started the thread. Always liked C cabs, and this one is great. Keep up the good work.

26. no limits

no limits
    from Louisiana

Thanks Jeff... Been down with my nose Surgery right now..But getting parts in everyday for it..:)

27. no limits

no limits
    from Louisiana

Look's different here.. Nice Job on the new look here..Been super busy on this end.. But have done more to the c-cab.. Just wanted to bring the thread up to date..Thanks for letting me share it here.. 103_9494.JPG 103_9576.JPG 103_9836.JPG 103_9963.JPG 103_9965.JPG 103_9998.JPG 104_0004.JPG 104_0010.JPG 104_0035.JPG

28. no limits

no limits
    from Louisiana

Guy's if I'm posting something wrong Please let me know...I did get to fire it up for the first time,,,Here's a few more.. 104_0041.JPG 104_0049.JPG 104_0041.JPG 104_0049.JPG 104_0059.JPG

29. no limits

no limits
    from Louisiana

I also made a new Rad shell..I think it's a lot better now.. DSC01035.JPG DSC01034.JPG DSC01040.JPG DSC01045.JPG DSC01046.JPG DSC01135.JPG DSC01035.JPG DSC01034.JPG DSC01040.JPG DSC01045.JPG DSC01046.JPG DSC01135.JPG

30. Low Black Special

Low Black Special
    from SE Iowa

New shop? The c cab looks great. I also really like the little mini c cab in your last post. I got a good chuckle out of that.