Register now to get rid of these ads!

Beautiful, well placed wiring. Picture thread.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AstroZombie, Jun 24, 2009.

1. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

I just finished rewiring my '40, all in stock Ford colors except for the plug wires:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. That's one sexy looking wiring CTaulbert!

3. jtm_elcamino

jtm_elcamino
    from Uvalde Tx

very clean. mine could use a little TLC. but ill have to wait untill i have something else to drive!

4. Larry W

Larry W
    from kansas

Details, The difference between a nice car and a quality car. Great job guys

5. nifty

nifty
    from UK

Nice work indeed.
    Cory tidy man, very tidy

6. Very good CTaulbert, I really like the style you chose, question, last pic, is that leather, rope, as the tension, joint? Elaborate, please.

7. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

It's a form of wire management called cable lacing that was widely used in the aircraft industry during WWII, and is supposedly still in use today by NASA and the telecom industry. There's some instructional info out on the web if you search for cable lacing.

It uses a wax coated string, with a knot to tie the wires together. It works very well, and looks cool as well.

8. After looking at this thread, I feel like taking 5 gallons of gas a match to the Ranchero........................that wiring sucks compared to the worst case here ... :)