Register now to get rid of these ads!

New '32 5 window bodies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TANNERGANG, Jan 28, 2013.

1. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

What ever happened to the Bodies they were showing at different events....a Brand new '32 5 Window Body.......made in China or somewhere, but what I saw looked pretty good......to me a metal repop or glass repop....it still ain't real but who cares....Define Real anyway.....I'm going to drive it and enjoy it till I can't drive anymore.....I probably wont ever be able to afford a real Henry...and if I could...the price of a real Henry, you can have 2 repops.........that's kinda like double the fun...right?

2. Groovybaby6

Groovybaby6
    from Denver

I saw one at GNRS. They aren't as nice as Brookville stuff but they aren't bad.

It would be nice if they start selling patch panels!

3. Kevinsrodshop

Kevinsrodshop

4. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

5. Kevinsrodshop

Kevinsrodshop

Brookville makes the 3 window, United Pacific makes the 5 window. There's a company in Sweden making 5 windows as well.

6. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

if you can afford one of those repro steel 32 5 window bodys im sure you can afford a real Henry one...

7. Aspenridge roadster

Aspenridge roadster

8. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

mind reader...;)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

I'm not interested in buying a whole body but 5 window patches would be great! rear quarter patches, roof pieces etc! help save some 5 window bodies that might be considered too far gone. heck mine had the roof removed. getting all the pieces to make a real 5 window back out of it might be nice.

10. mramc1

mramc1

Forget Deuce 5-windwows patch panels. When is someone going to make full Model A 5 window coupe quarters that include the roof section?

11. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

I bought a few pieces for my 5w and the quality has been great. Subrails, floor, panel below the deck lid. Etc. I asked them about selling other repair panels and the comment was they might produce those later..... Not sure when later is.

12. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

Who did you buy them from? I need some also.

13. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

When Brizio built the new blue five window he had what looked like new 1/4s? I just assumed that UP was selling them. Check his site as it shows the 1/4s going on.

14. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

I'm hoping that they are similar to brookville where if they have a stamping issue on a part they will sell the rest of the panel that is still good. We did this to fix the quarters on my fathers 28 roadster. entire lower quarter and wheel well in one shot.

I want an entire roof and door tops :D

15. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Dick Spadaro, so-cal speed shop, even speedway started selling some of the product.

Spadaro's guys are very knowledgeable of the parts and timing on when other pieces will be available.

16. ken1939

ken1939

17. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

18. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

19. usabil

usabil
    from Sweden

20. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

Am i converting the swedeish dollar right? 79,600kr = $12,289 ? For a body?
    Soo much cheaper than upac though we'd still have a big cost for shipping should still be thousands less then upac.

21. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

They just listed them in the Classifieds for $12,400.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=781159

22. So-Cal Speed Sacramento

So-Cal Speed Sacramento
    Alliance Vendor
    from Sacramento

We teamed up with United Pacific on the five-window project about 5 years ago and have been helping them to get original bodies and parts to scan and replicate. We have also been aiding them with fitment issues as well making sure everything is exactly like the original Henry Ford car.
    The process has been a long one and has taken a bit more time than originally planned. But, from the beginning, it was decided that if a choice had to be made between providing a quality part or providing a part by a proposed due date, quality would be of utmost importance.
    By now, ALMOST every piece of the car is available with the exception of the deck lid, roof, and a couple other small piece which will be available very soon. The bodies should be available by April and will have a price tag of $20,995.
    We are currently stocking all of the available parts for the car and are Alliance Vendors. Let me know if you have any more questions!

23. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

^^Thats awsome! thanks malcolm^^

24. SlowMoe

SlowMoe
    from Alabama

OK, I realize the HAMB is all about Traditional Cars, but when does a "Real Henry" stop being "REAL", and a conglomeration of "Not Real" Henry repop panels? I give credit to those who can salvage some rust buckets from sure death, but when the entire sub-rails, bottoms, roofs, etc are rusted through and replaced with patch panels, how can you say that your car is Real Henry? Is there a percentage of original steel that needs to be original? If I start with an original door and cowl, and add Swedish panels to the rest of the car to salvage those two original parts, do I still own a Real Henry?

25. cayager

cayager

your right. when you pull into a cruise does anybody really know or really care if its original or repro. how many people these days would even know or care if its fiberglass? when you save one square foot of a body is it really an original. it only makes yourself feel good. i used to hate fiberglass. but i never see rust popping through on them. the bodies are alot better these days.if henry knew about glass they probably been made out of it.

26. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:DI think Henry knew about glass. Soybean car was cool,but sombody hated it and distroyed it. Bill aka Tnomoldw

27. Keep in mind that's UNassembled, which isn't a bad thing, but something to keep in mind when comparing.

28. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

I didnt realize that, but i have more time to put together, then i have money
    If it can save me like 5,000 bucks......

29. usabil

usabil
    from Sweden

5w coupe.se
    Shipping cost for a body in parts from Sweden to US is US $ 780.00
    For an assembled body shipping cost is US $1,200.00
    This is shipping cost to any harbor in US. Shipping from the harbor to your address is not included and you probably know how much that is or can find it out really easy.

We have all the body parts in stock today!! Ready to ship.
    Order to Arvid [email protected]

Have a nice day
    Mats

30. DropTopD

DropTopD

I agree. If you can afford a new one. You can afford a Ford one. I try not to buy anything not made in the U.S. if I can. I don't care what country it's made in or why. And I have no bias against aftermarket parts. I'd just rather support OUR economy, not theirs. If we could all do this, our country would be as economically strong today, as it was when our cars were new.