Register now to get rid of these ads!

coolest thing you ever built

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zevansfordinliner, Feb 22, 2013.

1. firingorder1

firingorder1

2. BTW Mark and DRERACECAR, you guys rock the house!!!

3. I have built a lot of things in the last 50+ years, but I know nothing has, or ever will top my first build.

[​IMG]

4. does this look like death to anyone else. :eek:

5. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Good call, 'Wheel O' Death' is what we call it. Also got a wood chipper on the side generator in front. 2 cylinder diesel. Fun at bonfire parties but no running it after the fist beer.

6. Dean,I've said it before but I don't mind repeating it,,your truck is what really got me excited about hot rods so many years ago. HRP

7. jd55f100

jd55f100
    from alabama

Build this in my two car garage....everything myself except the pinstripe flames ...I even build the flip hood kit and the shifter..including a skull knob from solid bondo

Attached Files:

8. miamitech

miamitech

sorry lost the pix, it was before i had internet or even a computer. in 1992 i built a 1986 chevette, full frame, 9in rearend and tubbed, pinto rack n pinion, 5 lug rotors, 327 with paxton super charger, no hole in hood, 700R4 trans with extra clutches and hd front seal and seal holder. 5inch tube monitor and sony cctv camera, hydraulic levers tied to the brake system to allow me to stop either rear wheel individually, and of course a wheelie bar system. was ran in Clevelands 1992 christmas day parade. it was a wheelstanding car, where i could drive on only the rear wheels and wheelie bar, using the camera to see whats going on and the levers to turn the car. oh yeah and a shortened z28 tail wing... sold it to a guy who took it to chicago in 1993. dont know what happened with it. i wonder where it is now??? maybe some one will see this and know the car and have some pix.

9. alsancle

alsancle

My first & only Senior SoapBox derby car, and cooler was the one my brother, dad and I built.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Beau

Beau

I took a year off of life after college and made money welding junk bike parts into things. I made this in my front yard with a little buzz box. It took a couple weeks. The neighbors thought I was crazy. I had a lot of people stop and take photos with it once it was done.

This is all old bicycle parts and a washing machine motor that was in the basement of our house.

That was a good year. :)

11. Abomb

Abomb

The kid, not the car....

[​IMG]

The car is going to be cool too, though...

12. n847

n847

Good Luck getting cooler that this!
    [​IMG]

Oh you said built not made ;)

13. Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  14. scootrz1

scootrz1
    from usa

roadster 3 years to do

Attached Files:

15. PandorasBox99

PandorasBox99

In a fabricators mind there should not be the coolest build ever i feel there is no limites of coolnest in buiding anything!

16. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

17. Truck, Trailer, Flathead Fed.............
    [​IMG]

18. Our 3 kids. Oh, you mean stuff...cars, businesses, a house almost, tried to build a fortune but it kept falling down.

19. no limits

no limits
    from Louisiana

I would have to say this one..;)
    Hope to start back on it very soon..

Attached Files:

20. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

My first hotrod and an on going project. Working a slow course to my idea of perfection.

[​IMG]

21. one - if not my first build - a stingray - from a stock 20"...it would run a plate on the back with all the big stickers from my car models...B&M...Champion...Fram...Hurst...and all the others...the 64 will be in another thread....

Scan23_0023.jpg

22. henry29

henry29

23. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Café racing perfection!! Is it possible to fall in love with a machine?? I think I just did!

Doc.

24. My entry is pale in comparison but I'm proud of it.

[​IMG]

25. NeedFiber

NeedFiber

6" gold dredge. 6061 aluminum frame, anodized red, silver and blue, stainless jet tube, dual honda's, custom aluminum flare jet that will suck your arm in, can run 2 divers in the hole on hooka, 350 lbs....

IMG_0365.JPG

IMG_4654.jpg

grifcarnut likes this.
  26. Buzznut

Buzznut

100% BADASS!!! Love this bike...great build.

27. curly 54

curly 54
    from Australia

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is the coolest thing to date. Pulse jet powered push bike.

28. Old sign with an old head.

Attached Files: