Register now to get rid of these ads!

I need a project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sauerflash, Feb 26, 2013.

1. sauerflash

sauerflash
    from Erie, Co

FNG in Erie, Colorado looking for an oppurtunity to get some of my work out for people to see. I have been working on NASCAR Cup cars in NC for the last 21 years. I have done floor pans and quater panel replacemrnt as well as wheeltubs/extensions as well. I have tools as well as tig machine. The hotrod business is a tough business to break into when knowbody knows you!!! Chris

2. subdajj

subdajj

3. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

buy something that needs work (pre-65 of course) roll it into your shop, set up your camera and get going. That way you get to document your skills and we get to watch a craftsman at work.

4. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins

I would be building rock crawlers and such too since you live in Colorado.

5. Build something. HRP

6. patrick english

patrick english
    from La puente

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I have a 32 5w you could really show your skills off on. Cheap too! :D

8. sauerflash

sauerflash
    from Erie, Co

Ok.... Thanks for the advice guys..... Keep it coming. I know its kind of stupid sounding, but I need to get something going that I can get done in a timely fashion, that shows I can build stuff... Guys ask for pictures of your work a lot, but if you don't have many, its tough.

9. carmuts

carmuts

I have some rusty project starter stuff here in central Nebraska. What era of project are you looking for?? Just don't ask how much for the delivery sedan as its NFS. Rod

10. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just use pictures of other people's cars and say you built 'em.

Ooooh...baaaaaaad joke.

11. sauerflash

sauerflash
    from Erie, Co

HAHA... Ok thanks.. I'll keep thinking about it.

12. Don't really understand what it is that you want, you are looking for a project car? The classifieds is a good place to start, or you want someone to pay you to build a car? the HAMB-O-Dex is a good place to advertise.

Always hard to get a business started. Do you have a car that you built? I have found that most people don't want you to build them a car if you don't have one yourself. You build it you show it and it becomes a rolling bill board.