Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1955 Dodge 5 window truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brewpubeaver, May 29, 2012.

1. nowhereman

nowhereman
    from illinois

2. Brewpubeaver

Brewpubeaver

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    got to help out my bro on his 68 Camaro

3. nowhereman

nowhereman
    from illinois

movin' right along

4. Brewpubeaver

Brewpubeaver

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Got some work done on the truck, all the rust on the whole firewall and some of the frame take care of. also got the first coat of bed liner on the firewall.
    going to Oil Filter services to get the rest of my AN lines and fittings tomorrow to wrap up my fuel set up and the lines on the motor

5. Brewpubeaver

Brewpubeaver

put a second coat on the firewall tonight. this time i used a roller. very very much like the results. but when it says it needs to be 68/90* to install. it means it. i sat the can on the heat vent and turned up the house heat to 71* and opened the door to the garage. as soon as the bedliner paint dropped in temp it became very hard to work with. but i am happy with the end result.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    sorry camera phone is cracked and is basically past its prime.

6. Sure you can.

7. Brewpubeaver

Brewpubeaver

Lack of options and taking advantage of an opurtunity make it harder.

but yea, you can

8. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

X3, Its still not in the truck yet, there is still hope... I would rather have my truck sit with no motor, than have a SBC in it...Sorry harsh words but my 2 cents.

9. Brewpubeaver

Brewpubeaver

thats fine, i want to drive the truck and enjoy it. my fully built twin turbo chevy motor will get it down the road just fine. lot better than a 318 i was looking at.

i was also looking in to a cummings swap but they are just too expensive and very very heavy

10. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

It really depends on what you consider going down the road. Just because you got a good deal on the motor, don't mean you need to put a chevy in a Dodge. I agree on the twin turbo cool affect, but it is also cool to have a Dodge in a Dodge, and that is more different than a chevy in a Dodge. That is my 2 cents worth.

11. Stroker McGurk

Stroker McGurk
    from Canada

Brewpubeaver....Let the whiny girls talk....Put whatever you want in "your" truck.....I have a Chevy in my Ford F1 and get the same chatter all the time....til I stomp on it and leave them behind.....lol

12. Brewpubeaver

Brewpubeaver

Going down the road is pretty clear :)

Just wanna drive it. I'm not a purist, just an enthusiast

13. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

Good lookin' truck. I agree, put anything you want in there, it's yours.

I'm a Mopar guy through and through, gave up trying to convince others to keep them all Mopar. Not worth the aggravation.

14. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

Yeah that doesn't happen to me, my 360 has no problem walking away from 350's like they were tide to a poll. Twin-turbo is a different story....But You can find twin turbo'd 360's that came stock in motor homes not to hard to find. My father had one in his 64 barracuda.

15. Brewpubeaver

Brewpubeaver

This isn't a race car/truck... I don't plan on turning the wick up on this motor. I want hassle free miles. Why km trying to do it right the first time. Without breaking the bank.

My racing days as of right now are in the past, I will probably pick it up again but not in the capacity I did before. Crashing does put a damper on the mood for sure, as does not having the funds to spend on racing.

16. Brewpubeaver

Brewpubeaver

got the front basically done, wife was happy to help.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    rihno liner basically smalls like toxic death, best way i have found to make this rust proof that will last a long time. I plan to do all of the inner fenders, under the cab, fender liners, and the whole inside of the cab as well. At some point i will take the bed off and do all of that as well.

17. Brewpubeaver

Brewpubeaver

just got some heat management ordered...
    100' of 2" Ti heat wrap
    2 T3 turbo blankets for my V8TT project

18. Brewpubeaver

Brewpubeaver

polished the car for a cruise in.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and my favorite
    [​IMG]