Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. Dirtydog

Dirtydog
    from California

Permission to enter requested. I'm the Dirtydog, I bath but I'm dirty in other ways. I'm a motorcycle guy but I am trying to enter the world of hot rods with a 53 Willys pick up. I'm hoping to build a fenderless hot rod, not one of those filthy rat rods. I see a well manicured cab, bed and grill prepped and painted. I will be installing a dropped axle, ford 9 inch, c-4 trans, and a 302 motor. I have already chopped the top 4 inches and will be doing a body drop also. I hope this passes for my introduction. If you would like a photo of me for your nitestand, don't hesitate to ask.

2. Welcome from Kansas City, do you have any pics to share of your Willys? Your projects sounds great, keep us posted.

3. Rusty anarchist

Rusty anarchist
    from Edmonton

Welcome from edmonton Canada.

4. Dirtydog

Dirtydog
    from California

Not sure how to upload a pic.

Attached Files:

5. Model T1

Model T1

Welcome dirty, you dog. We'll pass on the nightstand picture. Things are ugly and scary enough around here already! Have fun looking around here and with your project. I knew a motorcycle guy once.

At least yours is a real intro and not a sneaky way to ask for parts like so many others are. Sorry, the devil made me write this!:D

6. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

Hell yeah Welcome! theres a few of these jeep/willys that have popped up in the last week looking to build hotrods out of, there cool I want to build one soon. I would run a Mopar drivetrain in mine though, Fords not bad either, at least it will not be a Chevy.:D....Start a thread I will follow..."If you build it, they will come..."

7. Dirtydog

Dirtydog
    from California

Thank you all. I'm going to the CHP Wed. to get a title error resolved. The officer was actually understanding and said don't worry, we'll get if fixed. He said it was no big deal. I will post pics of my progress as it happens. First thing I need to do is get it sand blasted. Once I have clean steel the real fun begins.

8. Dirtydog

Dirtydog
    from California

moparjoel, I used to own a 63 Plymouth "light body" Savoy back in the 60's. Too bad I didn't keep it. I saw two for sale recently...one for $250,000 and one for $350,000. I purchased mine in a take over payments situation for $750.

9. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

Welcome from beautiful QuadaLaHabra, if if you need any help You know where I live, and thanks for taking my advise about this place.

10. Dirtydog

Dirtydog
    from California

I may need a little help painting my house, you down for that?

11. Let me see if I understand what you said correctly...a plymouth savoy recently for sale or sold for $250,000 and another one for $350,000 ? WFT? I'm not slamming the mopar family (got one), but how is that possible?

12. Dirtydog

Dirtydog
    from California

I don't know how that is possible and I don't know if they sold, I only know what they were asking. I saw a 71 Cuda or Challenger sale at auction for 1.2 million...how is that possible?

13. Hemiman51

Hemiman51

Welcome from the east bay Ca.

14. farmer12

farmer12

Welcome from the Netherlands!

15. Dirtydog

Dirtydog
    from California

16. Dirtydog

Dirtydog
    from California

Hemiman51, if we took your dad's advice, there wouldn't be any hotrods.