Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Windshield/glass shop in DFW area?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike Britton, Feb 25, 2013.

1. I went to search.
    After reading some of the threads, the old adage my dad always taught me, "Sometimes it's better to pay a pro to do it" came to mind.
    The 47 is running/driving sweet. Not charging, but I have a 100 amp alternator about to rectify (pun intended) that problem.
    The problem I'm facing now is that it's time for the bright red roll&pleat interior.
    But to do that, I need for the car to be way more watertight than it is now. Windshield and back window leak to the point that even washing the car has water in the floor boards at an unacceptable level.
    I've never done glass, and don't really want to learn this craft hands on. I would like to find a shop in the DFW area that will replace the windshield/back glass gaskets, and either do for me, or at least help me with replacing the window runs in the doors and rear seat area.
    I did the doors on a 72 El Camino once, and it wasn't that hard, but there is a night and day difference between that car and the one I'm dealing with now.
    Anyone out there have real experience with a local glass shop that has the knowledge to do this car? This, like the interior is one area I'm willing to spend what it takes to get right. Actually, I consider it part of the interior cost. Thanks, Mike

2. Mike,I have been gone from Dallas too long to know if any of the old good ones are still in business..

3. superbowl01

superbowl01

check with local hotrod clubs, check your local napa and ask for a conciseness of who they may know. And the counter people that ask how much tire air pressure your operating at? (autozone). Found a good glass shop from a carpet barn that were into hotrods, they had a couple guys that had hotrod interest

4. Truckeez

Truckeez

Some new outfit doing old glass in the eeeeeeast deep elumm area-almost to the fair park area--dont got the name here.

5. txturbo

txturbo

Deep Ellum Auto Glass.....I bought my 55 Chevy truck windshield from them a couple months ago.

6. mr.32

mr.32

Martins glass 817-300-6059. Did a windshield and side window for me. Good work good price. He came to me , did the job on site.