Register now to get rid of these ads!

Angel Hair source

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MrExotica, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Looking for non-flammable angel hair for a car we're showing soon.

Any ideas?

2. Try Hobby Lobby

3. Hellfish

Hellfish

Tony, try the search function. :)

The vintage stuff was fiberglass and you can't get it anymore. The stuff I used at WOW a few years ago came from a craft store

4. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

How about angel hair fabric like we used to have on the interior package trays??? have tried HobbyLobby & Michaels. Trying to recreate an American Graffiti look like what was in the back of the red lead sled Merc.

5. dontlifttoshift

dontlifttoshift

The judges will dock you points if you don't use real hair from real angels......

6. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ha! Holy shit, that's funny. You caught me off guard with that remark.

7. The problem with the craft store stuff is that it's not flame retardant.

I've heard that if you are able to ignite the polyester fiberfill, it will continue to burn.
    Evidently, car show halls frown upon that...

On the down side, it looks like it would take several hundred dollars' worth of the hair of angels to surround the car...

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  8. ccrodder

ccrodder

9. Seepwater

Seepwater

Talk to Gabriel's barber.

10. Hellfish

Hellfish

You've "heard", but have you asked the show hall staff, or actually looked into it? The stuff everyone is referring to is made to stuff pillows, furniture, and toys. It's probably flame-retardant. McCormack Place had no problem when I did it, and then I surrounded several of the Barons' cars with the stuff, too.

Alternatively, you could go out and buy some real fiberglass insulation. That will be traditional, and flame retardant... but probably pink or yellow. The fake fur someone suggested (that I also use in my package tray) would look cool, but that would be a lot of money tied up in fabric.