Register now to get rid of these ads!

its a rescue project...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by txturbo, Feb 17, 2013.

1. loco 52 ragtop

loco 52 ragtop

I got a hood you can work with.

2. dubcee

dubcee

I wish you lived closer, Im about to scrap a 50 ford 4 door car from California, only missing the motor and trans! I hate to crush it but I need the room!

3. txturbo

txturbo

what kind of shape is it in?

4. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Looks to me like a perfect candidate for a "pay it forward" kinda deal. It would be perfect for that young guy with no or little money and a ton of ambition. Give it to him and offer to help out with advice and a helping hand on occasion to keep it moving along. Can you imagine the look on his face the first time he fires it up or the first time he takes if for a spin?

Frank

5. txturbo

txturbo

Good thing I don't live closer....I'm running out of storage room.

6. txturbo

txturbo

I did a little Spring cleaning last night. I noticed some cracking sounds while turning the motor over by hand. I found that some kind of bush had grown up under the car and went inside the bell housing and out some holes near the top of the bell housing. When I turned the motor over it was breaking it up. Looks like when they moved the car from its resting place they cut off the base of the bush underneath and just as it came out the top of the bell housing. Anyway....looks like the head will be coming off sometime this week since I didn't get time to move the car to long term storage like I was planning on Sunday. Its gotta wait till this Friday now. So I'll get the head off and see how bad the cylinders look.

7. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Great old Chevy.....glad you got it!

8. txturbo

txturbo

well....this Chevy is getting passed on to a fellow HAMB'r. Takin' a road trip this weekend to do the deal.

9. jimstro16

jimstro16

'''
    x2