Register now to get rid of these ads!

Duece coupe basement find.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32rustedinpiece, Feb 24, 2013.

1. A great starting point..... congrats!

2. Hot Rod Jerry

Hot Rod Jerry

Please dont store it in a basement. Hahaha. Good luck on your build

3. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You lucky MF!...lol. Congrats!

4. tmfcracing

tmfcracing
    from Sweden

Congrats , a great start for a cool car .

5. Love stories like this,
    Congrats!
    Get on it

6. tinmann

tinmann

Congrats on a good find and a successful search and rescue. Now get building and take us along for the ride...... please.

7. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

good job not letting it get away---bet you did not have any trouble staying awake...

8. flatoz

flatoz

You will catch up on the sleep, but you wouldn't have gotten a second chance at a coupe like that.

I think its in the right hands. Everyone needs a project to dream about.

9. 31pickemup

31pickemup

Great find! Welcome to the money pit club :) Mine was found here in Ohio last year after being dormant for 40 or so years. Its now torn apart for rebuild. Any Idea on what your going to do with it?

Attached Files:

10. Harms Way

Harms Way

You almost gave me a heart attack !,..... I was going to run to the basement to make sure mine was still there !!!!! (But my deuce in the basement is a chopped 5/W)...... Well, If I can't have it,.... I'm glad it's still in the HAMB brotherhood,..... So I'm happy for you,.... If I have to be,.... I guess. :cool:;):D

Ahhhhh yep !, still there !
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  11. Nice score, my 33 Coupe was in a similar condition

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

12. Nice come up!!! Ok so I can't believe no one has asked..... What did you pay for it???

13. 32rustedinpiece

32rustedinpiece

i think i got a fair price on it. What would some of you pay for a project like this? Whats it worth, then i ll know how i did on it.

Plans right now are just to see what some of the new subrails and patch panels might cost, and see how far deep i might have to go to build this body. I was thinking of taking my model a roadster body off and dropping this body on my deuce frame with flathead, if everything works out. One call to brookville might change my mind though. It seems like everything 3 window jacks up the price. Oh well.

14. voodoo1

voodoo1

Nice score dude. Have fun with it. Mike

15. Was is chopped at one time and then unchopped? I would have thought it would have been in better shape staying inside all these years, but still, not bad condition. Hey, its a 3 window, can't complain..

16. 32rustedinpiece

32rustedinpiece

it is chopped. Guy started to chop it i guess and never finished. It must have been back in the day, because all the cuts were done with a torch. Really crude. The passenger door has the bottom part all cut off but the ends, so it is just hanging on . I got both door tops, so it should be an easy fix. Its funny, some parts of it is so nice and solid, and then some parts are totally rusted through and thin. Dont get it, but it is what it is. Best part of the deal was when picking it up, i noticed an old intake on the shelf. It was an edelbrock c67 6x2 intake for a sbc. It had next to it in a box, 6 chrome large 97's with aircleaners and all the linkage. It wasnt supposed to be for sale, but after convincing him he would never use it, it was mine for 400.00! Plus he threw in a 1932 florida license plate for my collection. What a deal. Couldnt believe it.

17. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That question is usually considered to be rude and in bad form.

18. Wow!!!! the hits just keep comin.

19. I totally agree,,NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS would be my reply. HRP

20. superbowl01

superbowl01

astonishing find, it would be great if you build a thread building it. Awesome find though so jealous

21. basicbob

basicbob

Paul, I have an original chassis with a Halibrand V-8 quickchange needing a body.

If I paid the going price of $1600.00 adding the $400.00 for the carbs with intake then give you $200.00 for gas, would that be enough to buy the coupe?

Great find, Bob

22. 32rustedinpiece

32rustedinpiece

thanks for the offer bob, but your a couple of zero's short. If things go right though, you might be seeing it this summer in columbus!!

23. D type

D type
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

and all this time I've been looking in barns !!!!!! great find enjoy

24. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Great find ! I dream of one day owning a Deuce 3 window.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

25. triumph 1

triumph 1

Wow! Incredible score. . . . . . . . .Congrats!

26. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

I myself do not understand why asking someone what they paid for a project that they posted on here would be rude or in bad form, I mean too me It is like only telling part of the story. Really what diffrence does it make anyhow, It now belongs to the new owner and if he got paid to haul it off, (im ok with it) Or if he paid 50k for it, (I am still ok with it) either way he did not spend my money and it is not going to effect my life, or keep me from eating tomorrow. Anyhow I really do not care either way, but I just don't understand the big deal about keeping what you paid a big secret.....

27. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

IF the guy wants to include "that part of the story" is one thing, I wouldnt want people asking me either. Some people treat their money dealings like other things behind closed doors; personal.

28. rocksolidnate

rocksolidnate
    from Viroqua Wi

29. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

I see.....point taken!.....And I understand we all didn't go to the same school. However money means nothing too me, I do not love it, cherish it, or save it. I use it as it was intended, As a trading tool to get things I want and need. Nothing personal about it for me, And I don't need it behind closed doors. (as I have made it a common practice to not have to pay for that...LOL) I completely respect the fact that it is his option to tell what he did or didn't pay. however I still say it does not matter if he does or he doesn't.....Not really a life changing decision in my opinon.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013