Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kanter - Are they a HAMB'r?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Voh, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Voh

Voh

Anyone from Kanter on here?

2. Those guys are pretty much stock, I don't know if the HAMB is their cup of tea. I've bought lots of stuff from them over the years.

3. I bought the complete front suspension rebuild kit from them for the '54 Ranch Wagon and am well satisfied.

Hamb friendly or not they offer a lot of parts we can use. HRP

4. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

I think he's looking for the Alliance discount.

5. gilby's garage

gilby's garage

Who are they and what do they offer?

6. Spit it out because I'm not good at reading between the lines,,you can ask my wife!:D HRP

7. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

I've used them . Purchased a front end rebuild kit. Good parts, not the nicest people over the phone though.

8. Voh

Voh

I am looking for another contact. I have the front shocks off my '41 that I wanted to send their way (since someone rebuilds them for them). I just dont want the good parts to get junked with the rest of the front end.

..and yes its all forsale on here, with no luck yet.

9. Check them out,, HRP

http://www.kanter.com/

10. About 15 years ago I bought all of the stuff for an engine overhaul on my Ford flathead 6 from Kanter. All came in old stock boxes. No import crap.

11. i dont think kanter is on here BUT if you follow them on facebook...yeah i know, they give you 10% off your order

12. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

Kanter is a great group of people. I have done business with them. They are very as-a-matter-a-fact.

I will say that they are tight as well.... They would rather you not use the 800 or watts line unless your putting in an order. It costs them money. I also know that it takes up to 3 days once the order is placed to process and ship. But they dont hide it either. They make you well aware.

I would not expect any discounts, but if you gettum, be happy !

13. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

I followed the link to check em out, and saw these fancy do-dats on there site homepage looked into them and the description said they were "Name Crests" The name crest fit driving and fog lights. but thats kinda vague, does any one know what these are? im interested in the MOPAR one :D Its shiny and says mopar so of course a simple minded guy like me wants it with out knowing what it is. sorry for trying to jack your thread just curious while we are all looking at the site. ;)
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  14. chaddilac

chaddilac

They go on spotlights also...

[​IMG]

15. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

over the lens or the back:confused:?

16. chaddilac

chaddilac

Yea over the lens... see it in the pic!

17. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

OOOOHHHH!!!!! Didn't see that little guy up there! I thought they were bigger.:D those are cool. maybe I will put fog lights on my truck now!;) thanks for the help chaddilac!

18. chaddilac

chaddilac

:cool:

19. Rocket88

Rocket88

I had the shocks for my Olds rebuilt by Apple Hydraulics in New York.
    Great service and quality, they even "reclocked" the contol arms to account for the car being lowered.

www.applehydraulics.com

20. kanter does give you a 10% discount if you follow them on facbook i just bought one of thier master brake kits and 4 wheel cylinders for my t-bird and got the 10%

but even without the discount where else you gonna buy 4 brake hoses all 8 shoes and the hardware kits master cyland wheel cyl rebuild kits for 195.00

even though the kit came with the wheel cyl rebuild kits i just bought the wheel cylinders also all 4 for 98.00

21. RABs32

RABs32
    from new jersey

I work in their restoration shop,Thats about all I can say they have one or two people that lurk here on the Hamb...............Rich