Register now to get rid of these ads!

Good machine shops in Denver

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blue68deville, Feb 23, 2013.

1. blue68deville

blue68deville

Looking for some satisfied customers.

Did a search and came up with some old threads and a couple of disconnected phone #'s

I need some head work on my OT Caddy 472 motor and want to find a shop that is capable of doing good work on something out of the norm.

Fatkoop mentioned something in one of the more recent threads, but didn't mention the name of the shop.

So far I've called Dettmers, gotta call back monday, the machinist was off. Called Colorado Custom Cyl Heads and left a message.
    Figured Havana machine is more new stuff oriented.

Any other options?? Prefer south/downtown but I'll go where I need to.

Thanks fellas

2. Try Gunn Automotive, old time shop they do great work. Federal & Florida? in Denver.
    I can get a # if ya need it.

3. Jover4x4

Jover4x4
    from Colorado

Area Machine on Federal Blvd just North of Rockys Auto Sales. West side . He is an old hot rodder. Great work at reasonable prices. He has done 3 engines for me...

John Over
    59 Apache, short, wide, big
    68 Camaro

4. fatkoop

fatkoop

The Block Shop. Platte River Drive 2 blocks so. of Evans. Been doing QUALITY machine work for about 40 years. You won't be disappointed.

GWIDG777 likes this.

5. Ditto on the Block shop. They did my 327 machine work for my 32.

6. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

SCH Racing Heads in Arvada.
    Owner/operator Dave Sarno is in the 200 M.P.H. club at Bonneville.
    I got this off of his web site Schracingheads.net

SCH RACING HEADS, Dave Sarno offers custom built Record Setting Racing Engines, Heads , Flow Testing , Reconditioned Titanium Valves, Piston Flycutting, Carb Spacers, & Comp Cams Products, Wiseco Pistons, Eagle Rods & Cranks, R H S Cylinder Heads. We specialize in repair and modification of aluminum heads including welding and damage repair. Head Porting and Improvements, From stock rebuilds to HIGH horsepower Racing Engines, Bracket Racing , Street Rods or an ultimate Bonneville Salt Flats Land Speed Record Breaker, we are your source. Sarno puts 28 years racing experience to work for you. He has set 11 land speed records. Contact Sarno today for the most professional and knowledgeable help with your racing needs. Locally serving Arvada, Lakewood, Golden and Denver Colorado and welcoming customers from all over the country.

Go to his web site to get 20% off of your first service related job.

7. corvair63

corvair63
    from denver

ive always had good luck with colorado custom cylinder and we just dropped off a caddy motor to them the other day to get redone

8. blue68deville

blue68deville

Well hot damn! Thanks gentlemen. Now I've got some good choices.

9. Markgyver

Markgyver

I have had good luck with Heads By Paul im Englewood.

10. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Not that close but Duersh machine works in Burlington Co has to be one of the best in the country.

11. blubiu65

blubiu65
    from Colorado

Blue oval performance on kalamath. He does alot of odd stuff.

12. blubiu65

blubiu65
    from Colorado

Blue oval performance on kalamath. He is equiped to do alot of odd stuff.

13. Rogue_Rider

Rogue_Rider
    from Colorado

Do you guys know if any of these shops have torque plates for Olds motors? or do Align Honing?
    I'm in the process of rebuilding a 403 Olds. It'll need align honing because I'm putting a J&S girdle on it.

My build is going to be:
    Big Block "C" Heads (already been rebuilt set up for stud mount rockers with Comp Cams Beehive Springs)
    Hypereutectic KB Pistons
    330 Crank (already been ground but will need balancing)
    most likely will have a custom ground cam made up spec'd out by an Olds engine builder out of FLA.
    Stock Rods :/
    Goal is a 400-450hp engine probably 9.5:1-10:1 CR.

Any help is greatly appreciated. After the Pistons show up I'll probably start calling around to these shops but I know most smaller shops aren't that great about picking up the phone never mind answering a bunch of ?s. Denver is an hour away so I don't have a lot of time to go visit shops...

The only shop I've ever worked with previously was http://www.expressenginesusa.com/ in FLA. Brought them many 4cyl VW & Mazda blocks but all were basic stock rebuilds.