Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features HHR 1932 Ford Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crazy Backyard Builder, Feb 21, 2013.

1. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

2. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

Ive seen it in person and it was awsome, the quality was top notch and theres so many little details and fit and finnish that dose not translate in pictures.
    You really need to see it in person.....

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

3. Jeez, guys, the things beautiful!

4. brady1929

brady1929

5. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Lovely details, but I only like bits of it, as a whole thing it don't work for me i'm afraid.
    Living quite close to Brooklands and watching that type of racing makes me question the Brooklands link as i'm struggling to see it !!!

6. Cool car. Arrogant and opinionated writer.

7. hotrodmano

hotrodmano
    from Norway

I think its a beautiful and different style of a 32. It has that European Race flare to it, but I like the 32s a bit more "traditional" so for me the rear deck wood and the front valance panel gotta go :D

8. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Beautiful craftsmanship. I love those tail lights.

[​IMG]

9. superchargednailhead

superchargednailhead

Nail on the head !

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

10. that thing is nuckin' futs! the profile is dead on. so right. i can do without the hood and valence inserts and the reworking of the bustle with the wood insert, but from the side, i'm in love. from both sides.

sure, troy does things a little different. well maybe a little more than a little, but you can't say he didn't do his homework and execute the vision to a T.

11. FFS...some of you guys fuckin' crack me up.

Why can't some of you guys just appreciate a beautifully built car that embraces vintage European styling cues and one that has been masterfully executed by people who get it. Like a lot of cars, they are an interpretation of the owner's desires, nothing more, nothing less.

I like to wrench, but having built other cars, there's no WAY could I build something of this calibre. If you guys can, step up to the plate, Id love to see the outcome. I'm just glad someone IS building em. Know what I mean ?

Forget the "name" of the car
    Forget the chainer moniker that some love to throw around.
    Forget the 100s of 1000s spent on it
    Forget the use on non original parts.
    Forget the Euro influence - not everything is red, white n blue gang.

Appreciate it for what it is.

I wonder if gearheads in the 40s were saying the same about Barris, Westergard, Hirohta, Matranga, the Person Bros etc ? Guess they were all chainers - right ? Sure they WERE, the same clowns who were bitching back then were ragging on the same cars that actually became the iconic cars that we revere today.

Think about it.

Seriously, some of you cats would win the lottery and complain about hauling the ca$h to the Bank for safe keeping lol.

To each their own and all that but I thought the toll poppy syndrome was out of control over here, guess I was wrong.

Rat

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  12. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

heres a few pics of it from gnrs 2012 i took, yes the photos are small and crappy but i had to pull them off my thread here cause i guess i didnt save them to my computer :(..... i wish i had the money to have hhr build me a car, they've built some awsome stuff...

Attached Files: