Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 Ford Roadster find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod36, Feb 18, 2013.

1. hotrod36

hotrod36

lol!

2. hotrod36

hotrod36

Eric, its funny reading some peoples comments and seeing how upset thay get over something so simple. Or listen to people tell others what to do. I was going to start posting pic's of fuel injected small blocks, and billet wheels, but I figured it might of gone a bit far already. It is what it is, and we are what we are. I'm a big boy and can take a little heat once in a while. Hey I'm just a guy who likes old cars.

See ya soon.

3. hotrod36

hotrod36

Johnny, like I said before we all have our own comments and beliefs. We are all here for the same reason, some peoples ideas are the only way and some are open to others. Me personally, when someone else offers advise I listen and when I offer advise some people don't.
    I teach autoshop for a living and if I wasn't open minded, I wouldn't have students in my classrooms. I have a million Rodders Journals posters hanging in the schools shop and I get the kids working on HotRods as much as I can. Even goes as far as driving some of them home in them. I have to be supportive of everyone, becasue todays generations love Hondas. In the position am in, I support them, because they share the same interest. Lucky for me, I was brain washed as a small child and I'm no longer into lowered mini trucks. But hey, those days were just as Kool.

All the best man and Thanks!

4. hotrod36

hotrod36

lol

5. hotrod36

hotrod36

Only a few from the west coast lol

6. rockfish

rockfish

Congratulations on getting the '32. Great find. Just be sure to start a build thread when you put the roadster together so the experts here can tell you what you're doing wrong at each step of the build. :D

Can't wait to see the finished product. The '32 sedan you built is killer in my humble and worthless opinion.

7. upcanhr

upcanhr

take your time build it with your own ideas ( they are always cool). drive the wheels off it. lucky to have cool pop and understanding wife.

8. Studely

Studely
    from Pueblo, CO

Kudos to you, Bill, and your remarkable dad! This is the kind of find so many of us dream about, and it goes light years in helping to keep the ultimate dream alive. It's a 1932 Ford Roadster for God's sake, and I have no doubt it will become a fine hot rod at the hands of a man who obviously appreciates and understands what timeless means.

9. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

10. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

11. R.W.JOHNSON

R.W.JOHNSON

Hi jamie, wow!, couldn't happen to a nicer guy, & in toronto no less, they are still out there, have many extra parts from my present 40 ford convert barn find if u need anything, will post pics when i figure out how, best regards, ronny

12. It is your car to do with as you please, BUT if it were me no way would i not use the orginal ford frame under that roadster. The sides of a repo frame are not curved top to bottom as an orginal frame and that car deserves an orginal set of rail under it . Just my opinion for whats thats worth

13. Floorboardinit

Floorboardinit

Wow, I never realized that. I'm not sure I'd ever notice a thing like that. Now I'm gonna be looking at frames more. Thanks for the tip. JohnnyA

14. ESGEE

ESGEE
    from Sweden

Nice story, and congrats to the find.....

Allso, that roadster looks just right
    [​IMG]

15. hotrod36

hotrod36

Yeah, I was thinking about looking for a nice pair of original rails. I won't be using the k member, and front and rear cross members. This frame is almost perfect, and been in storage forever, so it would be a shame to cut this one up. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Again, I'm in no rush with this project, it is on the back burner for a while. I'm not making any big decisions anytime soon.

Thanks for the info on the frame revels though.

16. ESGEE

ESGEE
    from Sweden

Im all for the original rails, looks much cooler in my book....

17. hotrod36

hotrod36

So not much progress on the Roadster but I have been collecting parts for the build. A rebuilt 312 Y block, 5 speed trans, 16" x 5" early ford wheels, Model A rear cross member, quick change rear converted to large 9" bearings and brakes, Buick drums, and complete sub rails. I plan on staring on it in the fall.
    All the best...

Attached Files:

18. hotrod36

hotrod36

Figured it was time for an update. I sold the original chassis that was under this car a few months after purchasing the package. I owed my father lost of money and wanted to pay debt off. I finished the 56 Chevy I was building and sold it also. In the mean time I bought three other original frames. Two of them I flipped which left me with an original set off frames rails that I have a total 100 bucks in them. They weren't perfect but I had original rear frame horns and repaired the one front frame horn. The rest of the frame received hand built cross members. The center one is based off of an original K member with a removable center for the T-5. One of the pictures is my dad and Bill the gentleman I bought it from helping out. Here are a few progress pictures.

Attached Files:

19. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

Great project you have there! Nice to see you're making progress

20. Full Fendered Forever

21. continentaljohn

continentaljohn