Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest RIP Honour List for Passed Hot Rodders.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fiftyv8, Dec 31, 2012.

1. I just came across this thread. Must have missed it earlier. I miss my dad everyday. Rest in peace Pop! Terry Edward Seaholm 1937-2012 Consumate Hotrodder--Hotrods Forever!

Attached Files:

2. doinbad

doinbad
    from celina tn

Hot Rodz R Us Shawn Woodlif great guy and a hot rodder to the core

Attached Files:

3. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

RIP Dave Marsh, had an awesome 32 roadster one of my favourites.

Attached Files:

• DM32.jpg
      DM32.jpg
      File size:
      95.5 KB
      Views:
  4. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

I miss seeing your dad at all the California Swaps.....he was full of knowledge.

5. LWEL9226

LWEL9226
    from So. Oregon

Dorian Hilborn
    Owned Hilborn's Transmissions in San Bernardino, CAL

6. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Joel Burkhart, David Thompson & Virgil Gammon all of Tulsa.

7. RustyPile

RustyPile

Sam Cunningham.. Engine builder extraordinair.. Record holding drag racer of national caliber.. My friend and mentor..

8. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

RIP John Bradley aka “Mr Flathead”.

9. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

RIP Ray Dixon of Dixon Automotive in Waukegan, IL.

10. skipstitch

skipstitch

John Copeland... Lancaster Ohio. Pic taken at U.S. Nationals infront of Scott Gaulke's Ford.
    Jerry "Jacko" Shaw....
    Howard Helser....
    Yogi and Jo Reid...
    Dave Gale...

Not all from 2012...but the list goes on. All missed greatly. Funny how a post so sad can bring so many smiles at the same time.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  11. magoo

magoo

12. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

We are losing all the good ones now:
    TX drag racing legend has passed.

RIP Watus Simpson.

13. Mick Kneariam... die in the wool true blue ford fan. Long time member an past president of Western Md. Street Rodders.

God Speed Mick

14. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

RIP Roy Brown - the designer of the Edsel motor car.

15. A couple of Hamb members that were good friends of mine. HRP

Old Kid (Dan Ross) & AV8Paul (Paul Howard)

16. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Frank (the plank) Buise from WA -1933 Ford Roadster and others.
    No pic's to post as he had been out of it for a while due to health and other related problems.

17. Our most resent loss,,Deuce Roadster,,Randy Nash.:( HRP

[​IMG]

18. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

RIP Ding Bob
    Rob Busellato (Ding Bob) passed away at home on the 25th from kidney failure.
    Ding Bob is known to many on the forum as a hot rodder who built trikes, as depicted by the
    "Ding Bob Trikes"signage on his A Model Delivery.
    He was also one of the "Four Amigos" who put together the League of Nations Run
    held for many years on Anzac Day. The Four Amigos were also involved in Big Als annual Charity Quiz Night.
    Bob was also heavily involved in the early seventies, in the move to have modified chopper style bicycles accepted by the licensing authorities.
    Ding Bob had a successful rodding holiday last year, driving his A model to the east coast and
    touring around Tasmania, before driving to Barmera for the Big River Nationals.

19. pitman

pitman

Two Rodders of the HAMB hall of fame...
    Jay Carnine, C9 here. Emeritus
    and Alan Berry, from the Kustom Kings of Southeast NH.

Attached Files:

20. I, too, just ran across this "Honor List" and acknowledge the fallen greats. I would like to add the name of Walter "Butch" Harper. My brother from different parents but a brother none the less. We rode together and built hot rods together, he was a very good friend. He is missed everyday. R.I.P. Butch

Attached Files:

21. ratster

ratster

it's been 5+ years for my son Josh who was 22 when he left us in 2007. he was on the HAMB but he used my profile all the time. Miss you son. that's him and his wagon at age 16, we built that car.

[​IMG]

22. My dad, Dan Hay Sr in 2006 of cancer, and a good friend of his about a year later, Rick Stewart, race car builder from PHX, Az

23. roadsterman32

roadsterman32
    from wi

remembering my best friend Don Olson of Vernon Vt. He passed after a hard fought bought with cancer in 2011. Great guy and fantastic hot rodder. His son Kevin does alot of work for Dave Simard of East coast customs in Ma. They have the cover car on Rodders Journal this issue. Don's legacy of building killer hot rods has passed on well in his son. I miss his sage advise everyday.
    And also my most recently met friend Randy Nash. Wished I could have gotten time to know him better. RIP.

24. jrodmc

jrodmc

.....Neil Emory...(Valley Custom)

25. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Don, Flatdog here on the HAMB. Mountain of a guy with an even bigger heart.

26. uncle max

uncle max
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My son, Tyler.
    Three years this Father's Day.
    I cried until my sox were wet.

27. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

I am sad to report the passing of a very dear friend of mine, being Richard (Dick) Mace, who was not actually a hot rodder in our terms but was definitely a supporter of our hobby and a dedicated restorer of model A & AA Fords.

Dick was an all round great guy and committed club committee man as well as a (if I am not mistaken) the President of the Model A Club of America's North West Chapter and the holder of several other old car related positions over his life time.

He was a veteran and a long serving employee of UPS.

We on the HAMB were all first introduced to Dick during the time of his two unfortunate car accidents in is model A phaeton several years back.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650803

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375746

This phaeton has done at least one west to east and probably the reverse trip at least once plus many other trips clocking up numerous miles.

Dick was no fair weather sailor he drove his phaeton with his wife Eileen by his side most anywhere.
    I think Eileen has been as dedicated as Dick when it came to model A stuff and the model A family.

No doubt my fellow HAMB members especially in the States of OR, WA and NorCal will be reading a lot more in the press regarding this great mans passing.

My family and I are feeling much pain at this time, but know that this is nothing compared to pain his nearest and dearest & close family must be feeling.

My family and I send our deepest sympathy to Eileen and family, the model A family and friends some of whom we have met personally.

This is definitely a life that should be celebrated...

Dick Mace RIP.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  28. Papa Tom

Papa Tom

29. lowlids

lowlids
    from australia

Chris Noble my hot rod mate, we spend the last few days of his life working on my 32 roadster, I miss you everyday, you were a true friend and a master mechanic.

30. I'm not so sure I want to post on this thread as I've lost too many friends and acquaintances in this game.My very good friend Ken Frederick just passed last month after his third battle with cancer.I posted a separate thread about him.A total gearhead all his life,his mantra was:"NOTHING is too much if it is PROPERLY overdone!" RIP my friend.
    Another good friend and one who helped me make it through my battle with cancer only to succumb when his returned with a vengance was Tom Rose;a premier metal fabricator and motorcycle racer who worked on more high end classics and hot rods than you would imagine.
    Several years ago my(step)son's grandfather Fran Hernandez left us.If you don't know who he was do a search on here for his name.
    I think I'll stop there as I'm getting a bit overwhelmed.