Register now to get rid of these ads!

my 31 model A truck build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choptvan, Oct 29, 2012.

1. waine

waine

here's my 34 with and without,I/m kinda partial to without but carry hood with me in case of rain.

Attached Files:

2. choptvan

choptvan

here is the problem, I have to have this sold by july for the money to lay a down payment on this house. So we will try the " rough" way and if it sells for enough to coever it, then OK. If not, we will tear it down and finish everything. Gloss black and blood red interior. Then try again. But more time equals more money and the more I send the further away I get from gettingthe house! Hope that makes sense??

I have it where I want it now. if only photobucket would cooperate enough to allow me to laod the pix, I would show you! Working on that now...

Is a 34 a one piece hood though?? Love that truck BTW!

3. choptvan

choptvan

here you go! Where she is sitting at as of right now. Got more parts to order. Master cylinder, flex lines for the brakes, solid line for the brakes, got to get the driveshaft built and then shock mounts front and rear. Then onto the bed mounts once I am sure that is where I want it.

4. choptvan

choptvan

5. choptvan

choptvan

thinkin I am likin the hood to much to lose it. Or at the very least, it WILL have the top 1/2 with straps

6. choptvan

choptvan

7. I like what i see and i like it with the hood on.MMMM love A pick ups. JW :)

8. choptvan

choptvan

You and me both. THse trucks are pretty cool to drive around. The little cab is perfect IMO. Can't wait to get the money for the last of the material and parts I need so I can get back to work and get her on the road!

9. choptvan

choptvan

Started building teh bed from scratch today. Got sick of this one. Was looking wrong in everyway possible. After removing some paint, it was found that the rust holes had been filled with arc weld! So it had to go. Here is the alternative. And I thank HOTRODPRIMER for a few helpful instructions along the way. The man is a genius!

I had to have the sheetmetal shop bend it for me. I do not possess a brake long enough.
    [​IMG]

tail pan. built from 2 pieces.
    [​IMG]

tailgate. used 1 by 3/16 for the sides on it and the perimeter to strenghten it. So far so good.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

bed front
    [​IMG]

and the bed so far. Building the pockets now.
    [​IMG]

10. choptvan

choptvan

Some more on the bed.

[​IMG]

working on the sub rails and the bed mounts
    [​IMG]

still has to come down in the back a bit. Still a touch to high.
    [​IMG]

got a steering wheel too. 49 merc.
    [​IMG]

11. Love that low stance,imo you have it right. COOL.JW :)

12. choptvan

choptvan

Thanks. Should have som more done on it today.

13. choptvan

choptvan

Got some more progress to show. All be it, it don't look like much. More time was spent on chasing down brake parts and ordering engine parts than work was done I think.

Trans tunnel started
    [​IMG]

column support built. very solid now. used an F1 column mount on the 48 car column. Works very well.
    [​IMG]

Got the dash built as well. Got to get the guages in soon
    [​IMG]

And started on the front shock mounts. I am also going to mount the headlight bar on these from side to side. Waiting on material to get that done.
    [​IMG]

14. Cool, i spend more time looking and thinking about my T than working on it,i call it planning and stuff up avoidance !! JW :)

15. choptvan

choptvan

Thanks guys. Got REAL sick. 2 earinfections and tonsillitis! Sux. I made more progress though before going to the hospital this morning. Trying to load those soon. She has headlights, upper shock mounts are now holding up the headlight bar and the rear upper, lower shocks are in.

16. choptvan

choptvan

Finally!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am using a 65 mustang radiator. OS I have some work to do still to make it fit 100% like I want it to fit. So don't rag me just yet!

[​IMG]

17. knotttty

knotttty

nice proportions... love the look... subscribed

Roy

18. choptvan

choptvan

Thanks man! Motivation for when I get over this sick stuff.

19. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

The truck is getting better with each post, wishing you the same. Get rest and get back at it.

20. choptvan

choptvan

Guaranteed! I have to drive this to Viva at the end of next month. Luckily I have everything except some gaskets left to order. Paint for the frame included. So once I am back at it, I should be able to start flying on this thing. Harness is built, switches are bought, guages are bought, carb and intake are ready, lake headers are ready to be built, going to keep the hood top but not the sides, going to build a stone gaurd for the grille. I already have the headlight lenses and inserts for the halogen stuff from Mac's. Trying to decide if I am going to run the 37 ford taillight, or the 48 chevy car taillights in the pan under the tailgate. Then, chop! only 2 inches I think. But enough. Maybe. Still kickin that around...

21. choptvan

choptvan

some more progress on the 31. I just ordered a ton of parts for it. But as luck would have it, we got hammered with a snow storm. So the parts will most likely be here next week now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and a brand new set of auto meter guages complete with sending units.

[​IMG]

22. 32dreamer

32dreamer

23. choptvan

choptvan

thanks! all the parts came in today. Tons more progress will be made tomorrow

24. Diggin it, a two inch chop sounds cool,will give it the is it or isnt it chopped look. JW

25. choptvan

choptvan

exactly. Keep em guessin. Just not sure though. I will have to have it photoshopped before I commit. I like just how she looks now. The height is just right but I don't have it all the way on the ground yet. So that will happen tomorrow before the frame gets tore down for final welding and sanding in prep for paint.

26. Grudge

Grudge

Lots of progress, and I'm digging the stance! Keep up the good work man!

Aaron

27. Neat little pickup

28. choptvan

choptvan

more progress to post. Still more happening tomorrow

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

switch placement

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

floor almost done

[​IMG]

29. Driveway builder

Driveway builder

Your truck... but a 4" chop would make that thing look bad ass! I choped my model a 3" first, than I parked next to a 4 1/2 chop at a show. My car just looked laim compared to the other guys car. That spring I took another 1 1/2 out to make me happy. They always look cool at home... than you get to a show and you see what you would do over. ;)