Register now to get rid of these ads!

Awesome Book for Hambers!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by canucktruck, Aug 18, 2010.

1. canucktruck

canucktruck

Not sure if this has been posted before but a friend showed me an awesome book that all HAMBers would love.

Its called Merchants of Speed: The Men who built America's Performance Industry and its by a gentleman named Paul D Smith. Seems Mr Smith has spent many years researching and getting to know the 20 or so famous people who are presented like Edelbrock, Brajevich, and Horning. This is must read for all traditionalists. Tons of great pictures as well.

Mr Smith invested much of his life savings and time into this book and currently lives near Barrie Ontario and is likely available if anyone needs a copy. He talked at length with my friend and can tell anyone a lot of stories about his travels. E mail me if you would like to get into contact with him

FYI the ISBN number is 9780760335673, available thru all the book giants

You can get it at Classic Motorbooks under MBI 145858

2. Not sure if it has been posted in the past,probably has been,,what hasen't?:confused: but it's on my book shelf,, HRP

[​IMG]

3. I just ordered a copy from Amazon . I think it was $23 and $5 shipping. Hell of a book. I'm only on page 20 and have learned alot!!

4. Bobo Greybeard

Bobo Greybeard
    from T-Town

Do you guys know if it is avalible on the NOOK?

Bobo

5. Bobo Greybeard

Bobo Greybeard
    from T-Town

I just found it on the NOOK. There is also a free sample for anyone that wants to check it out. You can also buy it in digital form from them for 22.80.

Thanks for the heads up about a great book.

Bobo

6. lunchboxscuff

lunchboxscuff
    from Ojai,ca

7. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

8. lawman

lawman

Thank's for the info. May have to pick on up.

9. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

I got a copy for Christmas. Well worth picking up.

Ed

10. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I`m a custom car guy, but this book is one of my favorites.

11. DLoE65

DLoE65
    from Orange, CA

leo santucci's chevrolet inline 6 power manual is a great book too. two editions too.

12. .

That book is on my night stand right now. I pick it up from time to time and knock out another chapter.

Good stuff.

13. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's one I've owned since it first came out. Excellent reference for the various companies. Doesn't go super in-depth about any one, but has good basics about many of the famous names. Definitely a good history lesson.

14. This is so funny how after I revived the post that is over 2 1/2 years old, its getting more action than it did back in 2010!! LOL!! Anway, I just finished the Lou Senter chapter . He founded Ansen and I cannot believe how many things Ansen were involved in!!! Ansen was part of Senters last name and his partner Jack Andrews. "Ansen". Lou is my hero now!!!

15. Thanks. Looks cool.